Blaser Saddle Mounts

DavieH

Gents

I require to change my scope on my Blaser .223 but after trying to unscrew the screws with the correct key they are just chewing the head.
Is there anybody in the Lanarkshire/Strathclyde area that can drill them out for me or any other recommondations.

Regards

DavieH

The screws that join the 2 halfs of the rings are a T10 TORX head screw.
If they are stuck tight you could remove the scope with the rings from the base. Drilling out the heads of the screws will probably damage the rings so you might need to replace them anyway. I've got a set of 1" rings if you can't find any ;)
Daz

Cheers Daz
I have 3 spare sets of rings and plenty of screws.

The screws that join the 2 halfs of the rings are a T10 TORX head screw.
If they are stuck tight you could remove the scope with the rings from the base. Drilling out the heads of the screws will probably damage the rings so you might need to replace them anyway. I've got a set of 1" rings if you can't find any ;)
Daz

Oh ok mate. You could try an engineering shop they might be able to drill out the heads for you.
Hope you get it sorted.
Daz

Just as a matter of interest maybe, I have sourced some Blaser copy, saddle mounts from Bulgaria and they turn out at £235 including postage.
They are identical to the original and come with a selection of spare screws and two allen keys.
From order to arrival took ten days and payment was through paypal.

Back