Thread: suffolk constabulary......what are they like for issuing bigger calibers?

suffolk constabulary......what are they like for issuing bigger calibers?

I've just sent in my renewall forms having had my FEO out yesterday, I have asked for a .375 primarily for use on the continent, but I didn't want to be restricted to not using over here so asked for deer as well. ( I currently use a .308).
    My question is for those in Suffolk, what are they like for being nice and giving us what we want? especially with the larger calibers? Am I going to get shot down in flames? I was slightly concerned that I was told not to bother asking for solid 12bore slugs (even though for driven continental game) as 'we don't issue them in Suffolk because of the danger of ricochet'......

Any other experiences out there?

ATB

Andy

May be worth speaking to Richardson & Sons in Halesworth, they may be able to advise what goes on in Suffolk in terms of larger calibres from an RFD point of view - fantastic little gunsmith and very helpful.

Surely you have more local gunsmiths...... ? I wasnt expecting advice from so far north! Many thanks though, the FEO was very helpful to be fair, and approved the application personally, but I was just wondering what other folks experience of them had been.

Yes we do - but I have a house in Norfolk and Richardsons sorted me out a very nice Berreta last year and my Weihrauch air rifle came from them too - 30 years ago!
    Isn't Norfolk adn Suffolk combined now?

Yes they are, and I know of two guys with 375s in suffolk, you have to prove the need and place for the weapon to be used for them to then grant you your choice. Have dealt with both and had NO issues, your nearest gunsmith would near Attleborough, nearest shop would be in Thetford, both just off the A11. Richardson's are well worth the journey, as the shop is a museum of all kinds of guns in for repair or for sale, deerwarden.

Chris at Norfolk Sporting Guns in Wymondham near to you too - apologies, you probably know this anyway!

Well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess, I'm expecting a grilling though, fingers crossed......although if I get it that will mean I have to go shopping again and spend lots of money I don't have........D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess, I'm expecting a grilling though, fingers crossed......although if I get it that will mean I have to go shopping again and spend lots of money I don't have........D'oh!
    My problem was having to sneak the bigger gun cabinet in passed Mrs Virbius following my latest variation....