Thread: Land Clearance -how long should it take?

Land Clearance -how long should it take?

I have put in for shooting vermin over a friend's farm in West Wales with my local FEO who passed the request on fairly quick, but now I have not heard anything for about a month+. And my friend has had no visit or phone call etc. So it's a big stall out. The original letter from the landowner was pretty clear and concise.

Any thoughts? I can start pushing a bit, but will this just cause aggro?

ring them maybe the land has been cleared before ?down here it takes anything up to 3 months there is such a back log atb stu

I've been waiting 10 months for clearance for rimfire for a small patch in Gloucestershire. It's not high on their list of priorities I guess.

Even Hampshire cleared some land for me within 3 weeks of asking so IMO you're all being rather too patient! Give them a nudge as you may have been forgotten?

bacon, it should be done on a first come first served basis. Ten months is wayyyyy OTT, you need to start jumping up and down!

A month or so is about where it's at for most I think, not that it's acceptable (and if they didn't put the stupid restrictive land condition on tickets it'd be far less work for them) but that's where we are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    bacon, it should be done on a first come first served basis. Ten months is wayyyyy OTT, you need to start jumping up and down!

A month or so is about where it's at for most I think, not that it's acceptable (and if they didn't put the stupid restrictive land condition on tickets it'd be far less work for them) but that's where we are at the moment.
    Got to justify their jobs, less work less people required after all they'd not want another round of redundancies.

I guess one month is nothing, but I will send them an e-mail anyway. I can see how it just gets forgotten.......

Thanks for the info