Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOR Scopes

IOR Scopes

HI Folks hope someone can help, I have been thinking of buying an IOR 4-14x50 scope, however as only border barrels seem to stock them due to distance its not possible to have a look, I have heard from a friend that has used one that they are top scopes, the bit that I'm not so sure about is the m8 reticle, just seems to busy for me stalking. Any comments greatly recieved.

Cheers

Jason

Had a gander through the scope in question with the 40mm tube two weeks ago. I hear what you are saying referance the busy retticle but I dont think it would be a problem for stalking though. the cross hairs are nice and fine for accuracy.

Dave

PS it is very big and bulky; not a prob if shooting from sticks or bipod

I have one, 4-1450 IR with the 30mm tube.

I like it, clear crisp and dependable. That house is about 900/1000 yards away, if I were as capable as the scope it would be no hardship to shoot my neighbours chickens

John

Hi John

I have been thinking of buying the IOR 3-18x42 (35), but like Monty have not been able to have hands on.
    I spoke with a gun dealer mate of mine and he rubbished them, said he did not rate them for the money over a Swarovski,Zeiss or Schmidt, said I should pay that bit extra.
    I should say that he was not trying to sell me one of the above scopes, just his opinion.
    I have to say that I still fancy one, more so after seeing your picture and reading your view.

Is your scope on the first or second focal plane and what reticle is it??
    What drew you to IOR over the other names.

Sorry about the third degree but its always a + to get first hand feedback

Best regards

Max

IOR

Thanks for the replies folks. Jay B do you mind me asking where you got your scope from as it hasn't got the m8 reticle thats only available from Border barrels but what I think of as a standard reticel.
    Thanks again

Jason

Well chaps I shall do my best,

The reticule is in the first plane, it retains the same percentage of target coverage irrespective of magnification.

With regard to the what drew me to them question, it was S&B!

Gregor Macleod was doing his best to sell me a S&B I think it was a 3-10 but I can't remember just that it was a variable. Anyway there was also the IOR in the cabinet as well, it was second hand when I got it, so I tried them side by side. Now this is just my opinion on the day, I am a dedicated S&B fan, but looking down the High street in Tain the IOR to my poor old eyes was picking up much more detail. So I bought that one, and we have lived happy ever after.

IOR Scopes

John

Thanks JayB. Much appreciated.

IOR

Thanks JayB. Much appreciated.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB
    Well chaps I shall do my best,

The reticule is in the first plane, it retains the same percentage of target coverage irrespective of magnification.

With regard to the what drew me to them question, it was S&B!

Gregor Macleod was doing his best to sell me a S&B I think it was a 3-10 but I can't remember just that it was a variable. Anyway there was also the IOR in the cabinet as well, it was second hand when I got it, so I tried them side by side. Now this is just my opinion on the day, I am a dedicated S&B fan, but looking down the High street in Tain the IOR to my poor old eyes was picking up much more detail. So I bought that one, and we have lived happy ever after.

IOR Scopes

John
    Try this link for the English version, if like me your Romanian is crap.

http://www.ior.ro/index.php?kLimba=en

Dave