Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forestry commision deer control licences

Forestry commision deer control licences

Forestry commision have 15 blocks of woodland across England open for tender for deer control licence
    look on commision website under grants and tenders
    it may be of use to some members
    regards andy

Does anyone have experience of the FC tendering process and can help me if I was interested in applying for one of these?

have you got level2?
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

some of it is not worth worrying about , i had a look at the info on 1 bit 20 miles from me , and the only want 6 roe and 6 muntjac shot even though i know the area is stuffed with 100's of fallow !
    Last edited by leec6.5; 24-06-2012 at 12:53.

I don't have DSC2 but am hoping to get it in the next few months; one of these is about 3 minutes from my house, so am pretty keen on getting into a syndicate to apply (1lh + 2ap).

The cull figures are pretty uninspiring, and it's far from riddled; however, I know the ground pretty well and have seen deer there previously. I can give a report on activity as at yesterday (went for a walk with the boy).

I have experience of the FC tendering process, but not the deer licence one.

Anyone interested?

Best
    O

does anyone know what sort of prices the would be looking for to lease these blocks ?

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    some of it is not worth worrying about , i had a look at the info on 1 bit 20 miles from me , and the only want 6 roe and 6 muntjac shot even though i know the area is stuffed with 100's of fallow !
    I don't think you read the doc fully. The numbers quoted are minimum and in line with their policy fallow can be taken in season if seen.

Am I right in thinking you only have to be working towards your DSC 2 to shoot on FC land?

I'm interested in one but don't have DSC 2 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by c18rch View Post
    Am I right in thinking you only have to be working towards your DSC 2 to shoot on FC land?

I'm interested in one but don't have DSC 2 yet.
    Depends on regional restrictions... NY have said must have DSC2 (working towards only counts if you have it pre commencement [nov 2012]; darn sarf said working towards is fine for lease if under 1 year to get it; however, you can only be an authorised person and not the licence holder.

Hi Guys,
    To become a land liecence holder with the commission you need to be a level two candidate, to be entered on to an existing liecence and stalk alone you need to be working towards your level two and achieve it within 12 months, I have some commission land and we have exceeded our cull of fallow. It al depends on your ranger ours is a top guy and very helpfull. The reason these lets are coming up is the commission is having some serious revamps as all gov stuff is and they are bringing together all districts. This along with reduction of rangers is making the job very demanding, so the rangers let land go, stuff thats a little to far for them or not as produtive as say the wood right where the ranger lives. But great sport for us.