Optilocks

limulus

Before I go and waste time finding out for myself and fecking the zero up can I turn optilock bases around?
Currently they tighten on the right hand side of the action, as do the bases, but I'd like to set the scope further back and leave room for a clulite scope light adaptor to fit forward of the front mount.

Before I go and waste time finding out for myself and fecking the zero up can I turn optilock bases around?
Currently they tighten on the right hand side of the action, as do the bases, but I'd like to set the scope further back and leave room for a clulite scope light adaptor to fit forward of the front mount.

If you turn them round the rear baseplate could obstruct the ejecting cartridge.

Jimbo

No you can't, the bevels on the action are tapered and the bases only fit one way. That is on a Sako anyway.

Had my Tika T3 screw cut for mod and when i picked it up the Gunsmith had put the mount bases wrong way round thats how i know that the baseplate can obstruct the ejecting cartidge case.

Jimbo

Simplest way is to try it and let us know how you get on !!

PS. surely a few rounds would put you back on Zero.

Atb whichever you decide, Buck.

I was waiting for the optilocks on a curry jokes to be fair before trying it out, I threw it out there and no one was reeled in....I'm impressed :)

Back