Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC2 - Wild vs. Park Debate

DSC2 - Wild vs. Park Debate

ADMIN EDIT: These posts were moved out of a Trader's Advert

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Will they all be on completely wild deer Mike. If this is so are you guaranteed to shoot four deer if necessary.
    I suspect they are not wild.
    Last edited by csl; 21-06-2012 at 20:00.

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    I suspect they are not wild.
    Or Muntjac

Good deal if it works out for the candidate though.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

sharpie my old skip , if you have done level 1 and put 12 deer into the food chain you should know how to eviscerate a carcass , i also see you consider you are approaching the level required for level 2 , so what do you need to know about fieldcraft , stalking , and the other fundamentals required for level 2 ? If you feel you need further schooling Jelen are offering a pre level 2 . Without wanting to be rude i dont consider 20 deer to be enough before doing level 2 , i had been stalking about 20 years before doing level 1 , some years taking about 100 head of deer and i still have things to learn as i dont consider myself an expert . If you think your ready do it , if you dont dont do it , but dont ask a load of duff questions mate . Your no expert , who is

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Without wanting to be rude i dont consider 20 deer to be enough before doing level 2 , i had been stalking about 20 years before doing level 1 , some years taking about 100 head of deer and i still have things to learn as i dont consider myself an expert . If you think your ready do it , if you dont dont do it , but dont ask a load of duff questions mate . Your no expert , who is
    Not sure what your point is.

Are you an AW ? If so, who are you registered with ?

I don't understand what you mean by "dont ask a load of duff questions mate . Your no expert , who is"

I've never asked any stupid questions here, nor claimed to be an expert, AFAIK.

You may have your own opinion re. number of deer pre DSC2, but thats simply your own prejudice.

Jelen certainly won't care if a registrant has even seen a deer, nevermind killed one.

If you haven't understood my cynicism re. JDS "DSC2 in only 2 Days" then I pity you. Focus on the original post and vent your spleen there.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Not sure what your point is.

Are you an AW ? If so, who are you registered with ?

I don't understand what you mean by "dont ask a load of duff questions mate . Your no expert , who is"

I've never asked any stupid questions here, nor claimed to be an expert, AFAIK.

You may have your own opinion re. number of deer pre DSC2, but thats simply your own prejudice.

Jelen certainly won't care if a registrant has even seen a deer, nevermind killed one.

If you haven't understood my cynicism re. JDS "DSC2 in only 2 Days" then I pity you. Focus on the original post and vent your spleen there.
    Sharpie,

Is it me or do you have a bit of a problem with Jelen? From my experience - and indeed from the OP, it is extremely clear that Jelen do care and look to have their students best interests at heart - and I should know. Mike is just wanting to ensure people are ready for this particular method of attaining a DSCL2.
    As to duff questions, if you are asking about where AW's are registered and what the relevance of more than one is, I suggest you need to read the basic requirements of DSCL2. Once you have done that and as Trouble recommends shot a couple more deer with the DSCL2 criteria in mind such that you understand the IPC's, then perhaps you may understand the point more fully. You may then have pity on yourself for your cynicism that can only be borne of ignorance - and indeed vent your sanctimonious spleen elsewhere.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

ETR I Think it is very important that people ask questions we are dealing with wild deer here and the promise of 4 in two days does seem a bit suspect and shooting deer in a deer park is not fulfilling all the pc,s on the portfolio. This is what forums are for. Sharpie ask away your only asking what others are frightened to ask in case people like Trouble and ETR try and make them look foolish.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    ETR I Think it is very important that people ask questions we are dealing with wild deer here and the promise of 4 in two days does seem a bit suspect and shooting deer in a deer park is not fulfilling all the pc,s on the portfolio. This is what forums are for. Sharpie ask away your only asking what others are frightened to ask in case people like Trouble and ETR try and make them look foolish.

Ah Davie. I've no intent to stop questions - and it is for the OP to answer them, not me. I'm also not trying to make anyone appear foolish - there are many who do not need any help whatsoever on that front. I'm not sure I hold with 'suspect' though - I would hope there are plenty of professional stalkers who would reckon on a client getting on a deer almost every stalk - thereafter it's down to the client. From my perspective, all that is being offered here is the opportunity to have all the things required in one place - for something that is notoriously difficult to arrange normally - with some degree of certainty of achieving the aim if you're up to the challenge. Those who are suspicious will probably not take advantage of the offer made - I think that's called 'free market forces'? - but it does not detract from the fact that Jelen have put together a thoughtful package to deal woith a problem. Like any other product, it will not be for everyone (me included), but that doesn't mean we need to lambast it for the sake of it because of cynicism or suspicion. Do you log onto supermarket forums and voice your suspicion of a latest price cut - or do the same to a car manufacturer because you are cynical about the claims they may make about a new model? Really?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    sharpie my old skip , if you have done level 1 and put 12 deer into the food chain you should know how to eviscerate a carcass , i also see you consider you are approaching the level required for level 2 , so what do you need to know about fieldcraft , stalking , and the other fundamentals required for level 2 ? If you feel you need further schooling Jelen are offering a pre level 2 . Without wanting to be rude i dont consider 20 deer to be enough before doing level 2 , i had been stalking about 20 years before doing level 1 , some years taking about 100 head of deer and i still have things to learn as i dont consider myself an expert . If you think your ready do it , if you dont dont do it , but dont ask a load of duff questions mate . Your no expert , who is
    I know at leat 3 people who obtained their Level 2 having shot less than a dozen deer each, in fact two them are brothers brothers who got theirs having shot 3 deer each prior to obtaining level 2.

Hence the reason I have an issue with the whole thing...

Jelen,

I am guessing these are park deer is this correct?

Have the parks been approved by DMQ as being appropriate?

I.E.

"Within a deer park the deer must be able to behave normally for the sex, species and time of year. They must also be able to freely move around the park and thus require a complete re stalk if they move out of range or sight or are frightened and escape the original stalk."

Lets face it if it is a park its not really the same as wild deer is it and IMHO it just devalues the DMQ system

ETR I don't think anyone is doing any lambasting here, I think that someone, sharpie, who has his level 1 is asking what he considers to be legitimate questions. Now it may be that his level of experience is not as high as some people consider it should be to take level 2, alternatively it may be perfectly suitable who knows? What I do think though is that he should be allowed to ask his questions without people telling him he should not ask "duff" questions. In fact I myself would like to know the answer to several of the questions asked. Surely the thing to do with people who appear to be trying to progress in our chosen pastime, by gaining entirely voluntary qualifications, is to encourage them and not point out their perceived ignorance, or advise them where to vent their sanctimonious spleen.

The thread title reads "Available Get your DSC2 in only two days! ", does this not imply that it is a done deal? It would seem that any ensuing confusion is dealt with by way of clarification in follow up posts very untidy at best. It is not entirely unreasonable to expect people to ask questions, and surely things such as, are they wild deer or park deer? Will the deer numbers be guaranteed? Is the only prospect of failure due to the candidates inability/lack of knowledge? are not unreasonable. So all in all I think it is best we help to answer these questions in as polite and helpful manner as possible, without the need to personalise the replies and go off at tangents.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses