Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting in the Correct Section

Exclamation Posting in the Correct Section

Ok, I'm not one to moan much , but lately it's been getting worse so here goes....

BEFORE sticking your thread in General please take the time to look through the list of sections to see if there is one that is more suitable. I'm spending more and more time moving theads and not just ones which might be marginal but ones which OBVIOUSLY belong in a different section.

I'm moving them with a redirect at the moment as a courtesy, but it's becoming tedious...

I don't want this to turn into a "but my thread will get more views if I dump it in General" argument... if we went down that road and left every post in General then we might as well do away with sections altogether. Then your post will be on page 5 in half an hour and you won't get as many views there either!

Thanks for your cooperation!

Alex

well said alex

That's a great 'Top Tip' Alex. There should be a section for posts like that!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Ok, I'm not one to moan much , but lately it's been getting worse so here goes....

BEFORE sticking your thread in General please take the time to look through the list of sections to see if there is one that is more suitable. I'm spending more and more time moving theads and not just ones which might be marginal but ones which OBVIOUSLY belong in a different section.

I'm moving them with a redirect at the moment as a courtesy, but it's becoming tedious...

I don't want this to turn into a "but my thread will get more views if I dump it in General" argument... if we went down that road and left every post in General then we might as well do away with sections altogether. Then your post will be on page 5 in half an hour and you won't get as many views there either!

Thanks for your cooperation!

Alex
    Shouldn't this post be in the "site help and administration section"

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Shouldn't this post be in the "site help and administration section"
    But it won't get any views in there!

Good thing it's you doing it and not me Alex. Find a thread in the wrong section = DELETED THREAD. I bet that would cure the problem PDQ . Not sure I'm politician or management material.

And a bump for those who obviously haven't read it...

Another bump for free.

How about 'PLEASE TRY A SEARCH FIRST' for queries or advice wanted in General Discussion?

I'd suggest it for every Forum heading but that would be a waste of your time.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Could be time for another *bump*

Alex, try putting the "Bump" on a few heads!,.................. & I don't mean Bullets either!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!