Quickload

RichardP

Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding Quickload Data, a friend of a friend has Quickload and has run thro a load for my friend for his .223, he has brought in the print out's etc. and it all looks
very comprehensive and good but he said to me that there is no menu to fill in the relevent Primer you want to use, is this the case ? as he uses a Rem 7 1/2 BR which im lead to believe shows higher pressure to the casing, so my question is will the the FPS quoted against the relevent Grain charge still be the same when using this primer or does everybody use this with conjunction of a Chrony to be tottaly sure?

Im looking into buying Quickload myself as it looks very good, but if the FPS are very different then im not so sure?

Thanks In Advance

Richard

I had Quickload , It was a indication of powders and bullet load combinations and the velocities and pressures that they produced .
What I found was that if you are interested seeing what is possible using the different bullet/powder combinations with out field trialing them all , it provided that .
The velocities are not correct when checked against a load that has been proven conventionaly and developed and checked with a crono , so my advice is consult the reloading manuals develope your load safely and check the velocity with a crono for your drop charts .

Cheers

I had Quickload , It was a indication of powders and bullet load combinations and the velocities and pressures that they produced .
What I found was that if you are interested seeing what is possible using the different bullet/powder combinations with out field trialing them all , it provided that .
The velocities are not correct when checked against a load that has been proven conventionaly and developed and checked with a crono , so my advice is consult the reloading manuals develope your load safely and check the velocity with a crono for your drop charts .

Cheers
True, that. QuickLoad is not an iron clad source. Like conventional reloading data, it is a rough guide. There is no guarantee you will actually get what is projected from QuickLoad. Small changes in velocity and pressure obtained by changing primers (match to non match, for instance) are of no significance in the greater scheme of internal ballistics as judged by computer model, being overshadowed by case capacity, burning rate, bullet weight/form and barrel length.~Muir

I find QL very helpfull for looking at different powders and as a guide to the result of adjusting the seating depth.

With the correct H2O capacity QL gives close results, but, as anybody who reloads will tell you, always work up the load and check for pressure signs.

Back