Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted tac 20

wanted tac 20

just wondering if anybody out there with a tac 20 for sale

I have been seeking a bit of advice on a calibre which would best suited to my needs for a bit of sniping
    long range crows rabbits the odd fox etc I say long range out to 300 not that long for some of you i know
    I need it to be relatively qiute as were neighbours to a stud farm so cant upset the horses too much
    your views fors and against welcomed

regards pete .

there are 2 coopers on gun trader and some 204s bit of a task you have there as people rarely part with a tac i know i wouldnt part with mine
    good luck with your search if you manage to find one you will love it

Just go for 204 if you can't find a 20 tac. There isn't a great deal about for sale. Due to the fact there semi custom. And cooper being the only ones I know as a factory offering

I've shot both and both are as accurate as each other. You wont go wrong with any of the two

jay and d foxer thanks for your replies
    jay having shot both which would be the quieter of the two with a good mod ? regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by d foxxer View Post
    there are 2 coopers on gun trader and some 204s bit of a task you have there as people rarely part with a tac i know i wouldnt part with mine
    good luck with your search if you manage to find one you will love it
    just had a look on guntrader and that dakota arms looks a beauty shame its a lefty regards pete

Hi pete its hard to tell to be fair. I dont think you would tell to the human ear. Of course shooting out in the open the noise. Doesn't seam that bad. But in the valleys it does boom abit.

The Dakota is what my friends 20 tac is but right hand bolt. Super accurate. When I shot it at 100 yard target it was shooting tiny group. We where then shooting at a nick on a old tree stump in the hill side at 350 yards.

And hitting it consistently. Very nice rifles. If your worried about noise have a look at the 17 cf rifles also.
    When I had my fireball 18 grains of powder was dropping foxes out to 200 yards and wasn't that noisy at all
    Last edited by jay 22; 23-06-2012 at 16:53.

jay many thanks for the advice regards pete .

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    not many around Pete,

i had the last custom one for sale from guntrader,

Attachment 16786

its a sako s/491 with the capacity to hold 7 rounds. 1 in the tube and 6 in the mag , with a 20" 1/12 barrel, and just as accurate as my first 20 tactical, love it to bits, best shot with this is just over 270 yards on a crow running a 39gr pill 23.5 gr of rl10x Dakota brass and a cci primer,I'm looking to drop down to the 32gr's for a trial only, just to see how she performs.

good luck with the search multi shots are hard to find,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

You could always get one made out of an old Tikka or Sako.

I had one made on a Sako 75 .223 that I found on Guntrader, I paid 550 for the rifle after I had sold the scope and mounts that came with it, I then had Dasherman fit a new Pacnor 1 in 12 twist barrel for about 650 and the jobs a carrot. I have spent a fair bit more on it since but that will get you the bare bones of a really nice rifle.

guys many thanks for the advice will keep searching regards pete .