Thread: Swaro 7x42 habbicht

Swaro 7x42 habbicht

I have seen the above at a good price, and wonder why they are nearly a third of the newer models.

Are they a good woodland stalking bin, and is it an upgrade from Minox BL etc.

Ta in advance

I have a pair in green rubber armoured that I have had for years. They are excellent in woodland and do everything I want. Very good at first and last light. Just 'old fashioned' in today's terms. They are still available new for approx 750 or so. Have no knowledge of Minox.

I second that re. the 7x42 Habicht GA - also from Cambs.

I have posted on these before on an SD binocular thread from memory. These have Swarovski lenses, They're bulkier, but much the same weight as roof prisms with better binocular separation.

They are also waterproof, and heavily ribbed so can be held one handed. I could never get on with roof prisms or their shell-like housings which are harder to grip in all conditions. I've just bought another ZCF set in 8x30 for other uses.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

woodland bino's

i have been using zeiss 8x56 for the last 7 years for woodland stalking they cannot be bettered.our stalking has now moved to heather mountain so i require a little more magnification. my zeiss are for sale at 575 including rain guards, leather case , wide neck strap and zeiss service 2 years ago,pm if you are interested.

I have a pair that I bought on eBay for 300. Apart from the fact that they had a powerful smell of cigarillos, they're brilliant. At dusk, looking through them is like switching on floodlights. Bargain.

good buy ! ive looked on ebay they are between 699 & 800

[QUOTE=1kevb;397867]i have been using zeiss 8x56 for the last 7 years for woodland stalking they cannot be bettered.our stalking has now moved to heather mountain so i require a little more magnification. my zeiss are for sale at 575 including rain guards, leather case , wide neck strap and zeiss service 2 years ago,pm if you are interested.[

Cheers Kev, however I have an old set of ziess, just thought the Swaro are perhaps too good to turn down - they seem like it from the avearge price talked about.

Will post where I got them when mine are in the bag- or on the grass !!!!

Cheers
    Geoff