Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand made leather sheaths and other items.

Hand made leather sheaths and other items.

Further to my sales thread on kydex sheaths, I would like to plug my leather work a bit.

I've just finished a leather EKA Swingblaze sheath for a member here:

Recently posted off a compass pouch:

and the bridle leather is on the way for

dog leads:

and seriously heavy duty belts

I've just branched out into slings, these are currently in development, this one was unfinished in the photos but went off fully mink oiled:

I thought I'd get this out there for discussion, I am looking at about a month now to get anything new done - I'm sorry, I'm booked up. I am a teacher and that means I am on holiday in a few weeks, so will have time to work on things over the summer for the autumn, but I have shows in August and later in the Autumn.

There will be a few of my sheaths with Stalking School at Scone next weekend if anyone want to look before they buy, they will have them for sale at the same price I do.

Thanks for looking, if I can help anyone with a project, ask away - no commitment until deposits are paid.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard , nice sling , how much ?

That sling was not finished - it looks a lot better now that it's been oiled.

They are around 70, but can go either side depending upon what you are looking for.

That particular one was for a Sauer 202. It has a long strap at the top, a thumb loop and solid brass cast buckles with hand sewn retainer loop. It was made from veg tanned English 3.5mm leather, hand cut and brass riveted throughout.

I'm finding the pricing a bit difficult, I must admit. It seems expensive for what they are, but they are covered by a 'if it goes wrong I will fix it' guarantee and they are made from the best materials I can buy, to the best of my ability. You will get, what I consider, to be a quality product.

I suppose it helps me that the chap who has this, has just ordered another, a rucksling and a belt since receiving it.

Usual Caveat - I know Dougster and we do some work together.

Possibly because of 'the nose' comments from certain quarters , his only shortcoming is a bit of missing confidence in terms of the quality of his work. And it is only confidence that's missing. We use a lot of kit professionally and get all kinds of approaches from various manufacturers to review/ test/ develop gear ( Dear Toyota - love your trucks, still waiting for a call ) - his work never fails to impress.

The truly expensive option is having to buy something twice! Everything gets the personal touch and care that is just so hard to find these days.

I'm just waiting for you lot to stop ordering stuff from him so I can get my next set of gear sorted!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

In a bit of a bad mood as I couldn't go stalking tonight - I had to get all the stock ready for Andy for the Scone show this weekend, and had to finish everything off.

I know a lot of people want to 'try before they buy', my 'don't like it send it back for a refund stands', but I understand.

Stalking School will have a small selection of my sheaths this weekend, sadly no dog stuff, belts or slings as the leather for that pitched up today - late as ever.

I hope to have that lot ready for Moy - them, Wilderness Gathering (me) or Westonbirt Festival of the tree (me again).

If you are about, (N Wilts) you are welcome to have a look, chat and I'll make the tea.

Thanks

You must understand Dougster being in a bad mood isn't in the same league as De Niro or Christian Bale throwing a wobbly. More akin to a slightly grouchy Dillon off Magic Round-about

Awaiting post ( hint Dougster ), but Stalking school are on stand P8, Pheasant Row at Scone and should have the above on hand. We won't be selling blades, but will have personal Mora/ Pendleton Lite/ Eka Swing Blade if you want to test fit discretely etc.

Will be doing separate post shortly on Scone; but all welcome to pop in and say hello.
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

All individually wrapped, (hopefully) idiot proof labelling and in a box for posty.....

Many thanks - do appreciate the work loads at the moment.

We'll have a collection to get your window ledge - I mean display area - refinished one day

Per Scone post, parcel arrived from Dougster.

Selection of contents ( lacking natural daylight studio per famous Wiltshire window sill )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picts 2012 024.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	491.3 KB 
ID:	16906

See you at Stand P8 Pheasant Row!

Dougster, that sheath for the swingblade looks very familar! Thanks for dropping it around earlier in the week. Made to a very high standard from good quality thick leather and should last a LOT longer than the original nylon sheaf.