broken tail

widows son

one of the guys I shoot with has a black lab his first dog ,he phone me to ask this Question ,the dog seems to have a broken tail ? Ive never came across this before ,can you put me in the picture of what it is or how its treated .
The dog is male and two years old and has went from problem to problem cut paws ear infections eye problems typical lab .

widows son said:
one of the guys I shoot with has a black lab his first dog ,he phone me to ask this Question ,the dog seems to have a broken tail ? Ive never came across this before ,can you put me in the picture of what it is or how its treated .
The dog is male and two years old and has went from problem to problem cut paws ear infections eye problems typical lab .

I didn't know labs were prone to problems, I have a lab who is six and the only thing he has had wrong is he riped his gut open on bared wire but still walkedback to me with intestines hanging out. Other wise he has been no problem I guess he must just be lucky. Good luck getting the tail sorted.

Dave

Hi widows son... pound to a penny your mate's dog has frozen tail syndrome. Tail hanging uncomfortable to sit generally not happy dog. Treat soonest. Treatment of choice is PBZ ( phenylbutazone ) 100 mg table twice daily for a week followed by 1 tablet daily for a week. Give with food. This condition tends to recur at infrequent intervals

Many thanks, Ive passed on the information .

The Vet and the dog are on first name terms , he's been there that much .Lol.

Back