Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Africa bow vs rifle

Africa bow vs rifle

I was going to post this in the video section to reply to a thread but decided to post it here.

Hopefully it wont cause a childish argument ,but a debate from others who have shot African animals.If you have been to Africa do you think African animals are harder to stop with the right calibres compared to shooting Boar or Deer.

I will be flying out to Africa in 3 wks time to hunt with my PSE Vendetta 70lb bow.I will be joined by 8 friends, all of them are very experienced rifle shooters who regulary shoot driven boar abroad and stalk deer all over the UK. So its going to be interesting to see how a 400 grn arrow and broadhead combination works against .270,.308,.30-06,7x57 and.300wsm all shooting bullet weights to do the job.

I will be shooting at ranges i am confident at to hit the vitals with my bow for a one shot kill,as i am sure the rifle shooters will be doing the same.

So who do you think is going to have the best bullets,arrows fired to animals killed ratio on African Game , Bow or Rifle ?

I think this will be interesting as everyone know's how tough African animals can be.

Gary

omg hope you got your tin hat on gaz and are hiding in your air raid shelter

regards andy

Admin,

Please kill this post. It's the most humane thing for it.

Stan

Nothing wrong with hunting Buff with a bow.

I rather think it would be buffalo having him on the agenda!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

well good luck, but the guys with rifles will get in range of a lot more game than you with a bow but i suspect if you score it will be of greater value to you so enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    well good luck, but the guys with rifles will get in range of a lot more game than you with a bow but i suspect if you score it will be of greater value to you so enjoy
    Really! Africans have been doing this with bows all there days and spears .

There are countless numbers of bow hunters go from the usa every year throphy hunting .

I have a old video which shows a hunter shooting a buff with a 375HH 5 times before it lay down a native african can take a buff with one arrow .
    Last edited by widows son; 23-06-2012 at 19:24.

Why kill the post bow hunting is legal out there. I would bet there are some people out there who are better with a bow than some members on here are with there rifles. Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    I rather think it would be buffalo having him on the agenda!
    That's the point isn't it?? The rush you must get from being 20 metres away from such a powerful (and dangerous) animal and then killing it, with a bow!!

Awesome!! I'm very jealous.

Did the other thread get deleted?? I think someone must've hacked Paul at Barony's account!