Thread: Lone Red Hind?

Lone Red Hind?

Have been out on one of my permissions today and came across a single lone Hind,checked on my trail camera and she seems to be around quite a bit.This is a lone hind on a piece of land I have never seen reds on,plenty of Roe but never any Red.Have seen plenty of Reds nearby on my other land.Any ideas whats going on?I am obviously well pleased that she is about,hopefully she will attract others or multiply..........

She's probably gone off to a quiet spot to raise her calf...

+1 on the above, be carefull what you wish for if you like roe. once i improved the habitat for reds and started seeing more and more of them the roe didnt like it at all. DF

We have a red hind that spends the summer and autumn , with only her calf.

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    +1 on the above, be carefull what you wish for if you like roe. once i improved the habitat for reds and started seeing more and more of them the roe didnt like it at all. DF
    Oh gawd!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    We have a red hind that spends the summer and autumn , with only her calf.
    what,every year?....what happens when the rut comes around,does she go or does a stag come in too??

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    what,every year?....what happens when the rut comes around,does she go or does a stag come in too??
    Around here, she'd move out and join up with the other hinds.

Martin the stags summer In the woods and rut here, the main group of hinds 30+ with calves come and go, at the moment there are three 16+ stags together and a group of yearlings mixed sex and a small group of hinds, spread across th estate,the loaner is in a different part of the estate and wanders out onto the waste sometimes.
    I should say that they were 16+ last yr with the largest being 19
    Last edited by Taff; 24-06-2012 at 09:26.

Oh well,it seems like she will prbably be gone by the time the rut is on,its nice to see her around though!