Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox

Fox

Attachment 16775

Had a second outing with my 9 year old son today when popping off some rounds through the new 10/22 at targets at 50yards he turns round and says Dad there's a fox over there, good lad!!, blind panick set in trying to get the Sako85 .243 out of its slip in the motor, loaded and bipod set up. Got her in the sights but she slipped through the hedgerow.

Thinking my chance was gone i was a bit disappointed until i heard a commotion in the hedgerow and then the fox appearing about 150 yards up the field tracking away from me, tried squeaking it back in but to no avail so decided to shout at it, it turned slightly and i dropped it at about 180yards. New rifle blooded, happy hunter and happy farmer!!!

Attachment 16777

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Nice result, cracking looking rifle + kit

Cheers Philip, Full set up supplied by Moray Outfitting on the forum here, very competitive price too

Alba gu brąth

Nice one,lovely looking setup too............as for the fox,my first thought was "why didnt you drop it with the 10/22?".....

Well done - it also sounds like your lad is well on the way to becoming a foxer too!

Well done Bryan, that is a nice looking rig. Well done on the blooding. Pretty soon you'll be able to slice them with something half as pretty.

Martin the fox first appeared at +/- 200yards & to be honest I'm just not that confident with the .22 yet...

Richard I ain't letting this one go, think I'm in love!!!

Cheers Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Hi well done,nice looking rifle.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    Martin the fox first appeared at +/- 200yards & to be honest I'm just not that confident with the .22 yet...

Richard I ain't letting this one go, think I'm in love!!!

Cheers Bryan
    I know what you mean,that will change....good luck with it,I asked because I have been deliberating on a foxing rifle and a few people on here were singing the 10/22......

As per text and voice mail well done. The kit helps, but it's always the Nut on the Butt that counts!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017