Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any one got a H&K 416?

any one got a H&K 416?

I had a go on one today? What a fun way to spend half a morning! Time for a variation I think.
    If any of you lads have one. Please tell me if there are any draw backs that you have found.

Presumably you are referring to the .22lr copy made I think by umarex or someone like that?

I would look for reviews online. Perhaps good as a cheap fun gun, but depends what you are after.

Yes it is in 22lr. No its not made by umarex. It's made by H&K in mexico. You dont have one i guess!

Any one here that does?

Think it is umarex. They seem to have a fair rep in the US. But there they cost a lot less than they do here.

I have a couple of AR15's in .22. I would suggest getting a 'real' one. I.e. One which uses a real AR15 lower receiver. The .22 clones tend to be dedicated so you have more limitations with regards to upgrades, or getting a .223 upper at some point.

I have V22's from Southern Gun Company, but there are also Spikes Tactical ST22's, or the CMMG ones. These sell for a couple of hundred quid more than the cheaper clones, but I think in the long term they offer a much better gun for the money.

guntrader.co.uk - Heckler Koch .22 LR HK416 Semi-Auto New Rifle

Nothing on there that says umarex and nothing on the one I used yesterday. Now unless Umarex owns H&K i dont think they would get away with it.

But I'm sure Muir will shed some light on this!

I have herd about the copy cat AR15'S and I agree with you better to spend some more money on a decent one.

I have had said beast in my mitts a month or two back. H&K 416 in 22LR. Definitely made by H&K, in Germany or Mexico I cannot say.

A lot of fun, but you could not use it outside of a range environment. Might be very bad for your health to hang out of a 4x4 window with one of these in your hands, particularly in N Ireland.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Not me, Brother! I can get a .223 AR-15 for less money than that .22 will cost you, and that gun is illegal here due to barrel length. In the end, it's a blow back .22 in an appealing configuration. I am a big fan of making "tactical .22" rifles on the Ruger 10/22. Cheap, reliable, easy to upgrade, easy to repair, and lots of tactical dressings available.

I'm sure the HK is a good weapon but I am bothered by the SIG, and WALTHER branded .22's that are in the US market that are pieces of sh-t. Frankly, the only guns of this nature I have shot that I liked are the GSG. A buddy has one of the HK-94 copies and it is both accurate and unstoppable. I can tell you from personal experience that their Service is top-notch.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    but you could not use it outside of a range environment.
    Why not?

If I have it on my ticket and decide to use it for rabbit shooting I am not doing anything illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Why not?

If I have it on my ticket and decide to use it for rabbit shooting I am not doing anything illegal.
    Very true however, when a helo hovers above you, and an ARV rocks up, you might just wonder if it was such a good idea
    Last edited by Archer; 24-06-2012 at 13:59.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Why not?

It may not be illegal, but it would be ill advised in rural NI.

Your solicitor can always argue the point at your inquest.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......