Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driven boar in January? Available anywhere?

Driven boar in January? Available anywhere?

I have yet to book a boar trip for this winter. It is difficult for me to get away from work in Nov-Dec so I'm wondering if the season is still open in January anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonandy View Post
    I have yet to book a boar trip for this winter. It is difficult for me to get away from work in Nov-Dec so I'm wondering if the season is still open in January anywhere?
    I am going to France in January with stalking england/bunwell shoot from this forum,the last i heard they had space available still.....may see you there.martin

Most Countries start driving boar in late Octotober so if any are still driving in January the pickings may be a little slim. Most end in December. I never driven boar in January or ever had a invite. I have never shot boar in France may be your only option.
    Last edited by Munty1; 24-06-2012 at 16:33.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Might be running a driven wild boar shoot in bulgaria in early jan if there is the interest.
    Wolf and jackal and fox also.. Be the third time i've been.

SIKA98K is getting a group together to go Hungary about the middle of January.
    It is a two day hunt and was very good last year, there is a report of it on this site somewhere.
    As for Driven starting in October so not many left in January, that is farcicle because when the driven hunts start every true hunter is a little selective and tries not to shoot the lead sow that probably still has young following her.
    By January every moving pig is shot because if the young haven't learnt to fend for themselves by then they don't deserve to survive !!
    Most European countries stop driven shooting from the middle of January because the pregnant sows will be pretty well forward with the next seasons young by then.
    The January drives are usually when all the village and friends turn out for the final drives using every firearm available.
    From the end of January until next October both sexes of pigs are shot but either stalked or from high seats as the shooting can be more selective then and the pregnant sows aren't put under any stress like they would be if driven by dogs during the winter months.
    There are certainly enough left in January to organise a good driven shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    I am going to France in January with stalking england/bunwell shoot from this forum,the last i heard they had space available still.....may see you there.martin
    you shall be seeing me there! my first trip!

I have shot boar in Germany and the Czech Rep in January. I scored both times, but the boar will be crafty and thinner on the ground than in November.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

But it is easier to see them against the snow background though but get some UK exarmy winter overshoes I paid a fiver and it is so far the only thing I have found for standing around on drives as its effing cold after the first 2 hours that works and I have tried a sh**load of methods over the years.
    martin

Hi
    Go on www.stalkinginengland.co.uk there is some date available in January, February and even Marsh.

David

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by French David View Post
    Hi
    Go on www.stalkinginengland.co.uk there is (are) some date(s) available in January, February and even Marsh. (proche de, mais pas de cigare... Mar c h)

David
    Il n'est pas "est" il est "sont" et aussi un "s" pour les pluriel, merci!

C'est drôle pour moi parce que mon français est bien pire que votre niveau d'anglais. S'il vous plaît pardonnez...