Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello, I'm fairly new to shooting. Live near Salisbury on the Hants/Wilts border. Have just got my FAC so am trying to decide which rifles and scopes to purchase

Welcome to SD.

You are not too far from Steve B at Ivythorn Sporting - very highly regarded RFD and genuine guy. No commercial relationship with us!
    Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 24-06-2012 at 18:37.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

100 miles isn't too far if you're an American, but if your British...?

You 'English' !
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi I'm near Salisbury too, can't go wrong with Greenfields ok so could pay just a tad more but customer service is good. If you fall under Wiltshire, Derek will be you local firearms officer he's a decent chap.

Unfortunately my postcode falls in Hampshire, but did manage to get my FAC in just under 11 weeks which I think is quite speedy for Hants. Have purchased a 308 but still waiting to use it though as there was a 6 week wait for the scope I decided on. Spending my waiting time trying to decide which other rifles to buy

Ah Barry then if you just in Hampshire?!? Good luck with it all, there's some good stuff on here to learn from etc.

Yes, it is Barry. He was very helpful