Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 85 options

Sako 85 options

Hi,

I'm dead keen on a Sako 85, and i'm loving the stock on the hunter laminate stainless - but don't like the stainless action/barrel/etc. Does anyone know if you can get a hunter laminate with the blued action/barrel that is on the standard hunter model?

Mick
    Last edited by MrMickeyD; 25-06-2012 at 18:13.

Mick,

I have the 2012 Sako catalogue in front of me here and the only blued / blacked actions and barrels available are on the standard hunter and standard varmint, both come with a wooden stocks. They do a blued / blacked A7 (cross between a Sako 85 and a Tikka T3) but that has a synthetic stock.

Cheers,

Bob

the blued hunter if anything like the 75 is a heck of a lot nicer than any laminate - IMVHO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    the blued hunter if anything like the 75 is a heck of a lot nicer than any laminate - IMVHO of course.
    PKL- I'm with you, I do think the wood stock on the standard hunter model is very attractive, but a dent/scratch in it would make me cry! This rifle would be a workhorse getting some knocks and out in all weathers etc. Think the wood would suffer too much, and i'm not too keen on the look of, and the flex in the synth stock. So laminate it is... Just think the blued/black "furniture"/action/barrel would be a more attractive option than the stainless gear.

Cheers

The laminate stocks are a lot stiffer and flex less than the standard wood ones and the the synthetic ones as well for that matter, would definately be my choice out the range.

well i,ve got sako 85 grey laminated stock with s/s barrel and grey mod and someone other than me discribed it as pure sex other week. i do love wood but i smash stuff to bits so all my rifles are laminated.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

I've just got the varmint laminate stainless in .243 which keeps my .308 Hunter in walnut/blued company. Very pleased with the combo - a light weight hill stalker + more robust laminate for the rest. I did look at the laminate Hunter but really didn't like the grey.

wash your mouth out I did look at the laminate Hunter but really didn't like the grey.[/QUOTE]
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Attachment 16880 washed my mouth out, but still don't like the grey....

I have a blued/wood 75 and it looked superb until I went down a hole and scratched dented the stock and chequering, and split the foreend! Broke my heart.

I also have a composite/stainless rifle which my wife has christened "The Zebra" as it has marbling in the composite, she says it doen't look like a rifle but a sort of pimped up toy, but what do women know eh? :-)

H.