bushwear catalogue

accurate

new bushwear catalogue hit the mat this morning and I do enjoy reading it but dear me the prices on some of the gear is a bit eye watering

i am fairly sure they have a price matching system,i have said i have seen cheaper else where and they have matched it

just got my brother in law one of the yank-style t-shirts "I spent most of my money on guns and beer, the rest I just wasted"..he loved it :) they're tacky, but funny.

in general, bushwear is expensive, yes, but they have good choice and all their stuff IMHO is in stock, which means you order something, and it WILL (normally) arrive a day or two later...that means of course, stock, warehousing, etc. which pushes prices up. if you're happy to place an order and wait 4 weeks for it to arrive to save a few quid, then that's fine too of course.

the only negative thing I have to say about bushwear is the standardised shipping fees. you buy a button, it's £5!

Ive been using bushwear of and on for a few years now, and must say I also think the prices are a wee bit steep. Ive just got a Leupold VXR from uttings at a terrific price and 0% interest. I use Bushwear for my reloading components as they have it on the shelf, if not they will get it in for me asap.

Nutty

just got my brother in law one of the yank-style t-shirts "I spent most of my money on guns and beer, the rest I just wasted"..he loved it :) they're tacky, but funny.

in general, bushwear is expensive, yes, but they have good choice and all their stuff IMHO is in stock, which means you order something, and it WILL (normally) arrive a day or two later...that means of course, stock, warehousing, etc. which pushes prices up. if you're happy to place an order and wait 4 weeks for it to arrive to save a few quid, then that's fine too of course.

the only negative thing I have to say about bushwear is the standardised shipping fees. you buy a button, it's £5!

Uttings must have a warehouse too EVERYTHING you order is on next day delivery !

Uttings must have a warehouse too EVERYTHING you order is on next day delivery !

never ordered from them, but if that's the case, then it's very good (esp. if the prices are generally lower too)...they may, of course, not have a store front which means they can operate out of a.....wait for it....cheapo-depot!

never ordered from them, but if that's the case, then it's very good (esp. if the prices are generally lower too)...they may, of course, not have a store front which means they can operate out of a.....wait for it....cheapo-depot!

Try them next time you need something - I can get next day delivery in Aberdeenshire and Uttings are based in Norfolk. They must have considerably greater stock holding than Bushwear as on a couple of orders with Bushwear they had to wait for stock from their suppliers before shipping to me, still waiting on one order from early May.

Bought a set of stalking sticks from Bushwear.............utter rubbish !!!!

Had to re-drill the hole and put new nylon nut and bolt in them after an hour in the wood.

For the price I expected much better quality.

We utterly get ripped off in this country, not just bushwear but all suppliers of gear etc. Go to the states and get the same if not better for a 3rd of the price! Bushwear are ripping it though regarding prices!!!

Uttings delivery service is the best I have experienced - you even get text messages saying when it will be delivered, and asking you to let them know if you wish to rearrange. Their prices are very competitive too.

I use both - for different things.

I like Bushwear for their range of stock and most things are either their, or come in quick, so great for expendables and hard to mail order things like bullets and powder, (although my Nosler partitions have been on back order forever). I also like the fact you are dealing with like-minded people and get advice and assistance if required, I don't mind paying a small premium for that. It helps that I pass them on my way home most nights.....

Uttings were first class for mail order and customer service.

H.

When I lived up in Norfolk Uttings was the small gun shop in Norwich just up the road behind the Market, bought my first shotgun from them - a second hand Lanber Sporter O/U for £200. Still got it and doubt I will ever part with it until it falls apart. Not too sure if they are still there as it was some years ago.

Must have a good sized warehouse now because you couldn't fit the mass of kit listed on their website in the shop that was there then.

Back