price of rifles in uk???

jimbo1984

hi lads I was reading the latest edition of sporting rifle and saw the new savage axis for sale in there for over 600 quid??!! they sell for 400 dollars in canada !! thats over double the price are we getting ripped off here or what!

In the BASC mag the reviews section talkes about the Savage Axis with Picatinny rail, Weaver rings and Weaver KASPA 3-12x50 for £649 from Edgar Bros.

Sounds a much better deal.

thats a much better deal however ive seen a lot of stuff cheaper over there I cant help but think stalkers over here get a raw deal

hi lads I was reading the latest edition of sporting rifle and saw the new savage axis for sale in there for over 600 quid??!! they sell for 400 dollars in canada !! thats over double the price are we getting ripped off here or what!

:rofl: and you had to ask?

Earlier today I was discussing the Ruger No1's in 30-30 Win and 303 British with some Americans and looked at the prices here. Of course you would be lucky to find either chambering here. When the .303 was first announced I asked a Viking rep at one of the shows if they would be able to get one. ......................... Probably when I asked price.............................. Big indraw of breathe and Weeeelllllllllllllllllll that depends. Special order and he then said probably at Least £1500 and a good possiblity of more.

Now that was about three years back now add the price increases since so the price is more like £2500 now. When I tell Americans just how much a std remington 700 costs here they just don't believe it. one called me a liar to I posted the link to The Sportsmans Gun centre web site. To say he was shocked in an understatement :D.

They would not pay it simple as that.

:rofl: and you had to ask?

Earlier today I was discussing the Ruger No1's in 30-30 Win and 303 British with some Americans and looked at the prices here. Of course you would be lucky to find either chambering here. When the .303 was first announced I asked a Viking rep at one of the shows if they would be able to get one. ......................... Probably when I asked price.............................. Big indraw of breathe and Weeeelllllllllllllllllll that depends. Special order and he then said probably at Least £1500 and a good possiblity of more.

Now that was about three years back now add the price increases since so the price is more like £2500 now. When I tell Americans just how much a std remington 700 costs here they just don't believe it. one called me a liar to I posted the link to The Sportsmans Gun centre web site. To say he was shocked in an understatement :D.

They would not pay it simple as that.
brithunter when i get over there my next purchase will be a no 1 in 303 and they cost 1100 ( about 750 quid )dollars canadian brand new!! its unbeliveable isnt it!

Last edited:
They are about 1300 here. However the hype went when they got to the range. not many seem to shoot well. I'd google before I bought, in particular look at bore size.

WANTED... T3 Varmint from the US.... work the price out after customs proofing here etc and left see if it's a win.

edit...
oh jesus I wish I never looked at the prices in the states :(

Last edited:
I believe the only T-3 Varmints coming into the States these days are .223. The .308 is not being shipped in. :( It seems, most Americans figured out that the Varmint barreled action was the same as the one used in their tactical model...but significantly less in cost. Beretta figured this out, and as such, is no longer importing the T-3 Varmint in .308. Drats.

expectedly, US made guns tend to be significanly cheaper there than here... From what I've seen, the european guns (Blaser, Mauser etc..) tend to be about the same price. I would have thought the same would be true of Sako/Tikka?

Last edited:

Supply and demand. And firearms dealers and importers are in the business of making money - I don't begrudge them one bit.

Back