Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resizing

Resizing

Was resizing up til 30 mins ago and I couldn't of sat the case back in the shell holder properly and broke the decaping pin,bloody brand new rcbs 308 fl die,only done 250 cases .ive done thousands of cases over the years with rcbs dies and never had this happen before.
    Last edited by swarovski; 25-06-2012 at 21:36.

Redding dies all day long for me mate!!!!!!

oops!
    Think you can buy spare pins from opticswarehouse
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

I broke decaping pin on my Forster neck die last year,pin is half as thick as rcbs,it was me and lack of concentration,case wasn't right in she'll holder and brought ram down on the rim of the case I guess.ive had 22-250,243,25-06 and 30-06 rcbs fl dies and no probs,loaded 1000's over the years.no hardship,I spet new pin is 75 pence

Just happens occasionally. Maybe not quite lined up right with flash hole & oops, pin bust! Easy to get hold of spare usually & not expensive. You can probably use a pin from another de-cap/size die meantime?
    Cheers, D
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by stugun View Post
    Redding dies all day long for me mate!!!!!!
    Happens just the same with Redding.
    Their de-cap rods break just as easily.

Please can you not post absolutely all your threads in Articles and Writeups. This clearly belongs in Ammunition/Reloading where I am moving it now.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Was resizing up til 30 mins ago and I couldn't of sat the case back in the shell holder properly and broke the decaping pin,bloody brand new rcbs 308 fl die,only done 250 cases .ive done thousands of cases over the years with rcbs dies and never had this happen before.
    I go decades without snapping a pin, then I buy a set of RCBS Small Based 30-06 dies. Snapped the pin on the first go-round. The dealer gave me a pouch of pins. Snapped a second pin 20 cases later. Dug through my chest of relics, pulled out a bag of 40 year old decapping pins, and have had no problem since. I think they have some bad suppliers at RCBS.~Muir

Yep cheap costing cutting strikes again................................. When I mislaid my case deburring tool I went to buy a new one and the RCBS ones are now crap. really cheaply and poorly made. I refused to buy that bit of garbige. Lucky I found where mine had rolled too. It's an old one made for RCBS by Wilson. They even tried covering up the poor quality on the new one buy masking it with horrid black paint.

Methinks they are outsourcing to China.

The pin in the Lee universal decapping die i bought lasted all of 3 cases! First and last Lee equipment in my collection! You can't beat Forster or Redding IMHO.