Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Feed - With in-feed wormer

Deer Feed - With in-feed wormer

Hi everyone,

We are looking to purchase animal feed with in-feed wormer (Panacur) for a herd of park deer. It seems that the minimum amount that feed companies will make up is 3 tonnes. We are struggling to find any feed companies in Hampshire that will make it, so if anyone knows of a company that will manufacture medicated feed, I'd really appreciate any information.

Secondly, if anyone else has a herd of park deer that would benefit from in-feed wormer, then perhaps you may be interested in sharing a 3 tonne load. You can email me on mike.allison@jelendeer.com

Please get back to me if anyone has any useful information on a) where to get it and/or b) if you are interested in sharing a load (We only need 1 tonne)

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    Hi everyone,

We are looking to purchase animal feed with in-feed wormer (Panacur) for a herd of park deer. It seems that the minimum amount that feed companies will make up is 3 tonnes. We are struggling to find any feed companies in Hampshire that will make it, so if anyone knows of a company that will manufacture medicated feed, I'd really appreciate any information.

Secondly, if anyone else has a herd of park deer that would benefit from in-feed wormer, then perhaps you may be interested in sharing a 3 tonne load. You can email me on mike.allison@jelendeer.com

Please get back to me if anyone has any useful information on a) where to get it and/or b) if you are interested in sharing a load (We only need 1 tonne)

Regards,
    Hi Mike could you not mix it in your self by buying the panacur in granular form and mixing it into the pellets. Alternativley try dengie crops or marriage feeds

Buy a cement mixer and make smaller batches yourself
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

"Cough" pig nuts "cough"

Cheers guys, we're gonna go with the cement mixer and mix it all up ourselves next week.

Thanks Tony for some great tips.

Regards,

That I would love to see have you got a little bob the builder hat Mike

As already posted , mix your own by the bag. I use 35ml , 10% panacur suspension per head in the daily feed for 4 consecutive days just to be sure they get enough. If fluke is an issue you can do the same with a liquid flukeicide too.

The company "Tithebarn" produce a free-access molassed bucket block containing panacur. Called a "Wormin Dynablock", it's suitable for all ruminants.

(Can be bought in fairly small quantities. I think 6 blocks is the minimum, but I can't remember if they're 20 kg or 25 kg each. It's cheaper to buy a tonne or more).
    Last edited by VSS; 26-06-2012 at 19:33.

Quote Originally Posted by pitiliedon View Post
    As already posted , mix your own by the bag. I use 35ml , 10% panacur suspension per head in the daily feed for 4 consecutive days just to be sure they get enough. If fluke is an issue you can do the same with a liquid flukeicide too.
    Cheers for that, I'll probably do the fluke too.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    The company "Tithebarn" produce a free-access molassed bucket block containing panacur. Called a "Wormin Dynablock", it's suitable for all ruminants.
    Cheers VSS,

The only problem I see with that is that the dominant animals tend to hog the buckets, and the ones that really need it don't get a look in. Thanks anyway.

Regards,