Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayfever anyone?

Unhappy Hayfever anyone?

This has got to be the absolute worst year I can remember for hayfever.
    My eyes are bloodshot, my nose is streaming, ears and throat are itchy....
    All this even though I take antihistamine tablets and nasal spray.
    Anyone else suffer? Any helpful hints to share with the rest of us?
    Cheers, John

yes mate i know what you mean , have you tried the nasel plug in thing from boots that works well ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Will give that a try. Going down there now. Anything at all, really as at the moment I am pretty much restricted in what I can do. Meaning: No stalking and forget the range

All i can say is the older you get the symptoms seem to lessen, at least in my case.
    But i did get caught out whilst fishing this week, both me and the client started sneezing etc, looked behind us and there was a whole bank of foxglove flowers,nightmare.
    Cheers
    Richard

ha ha!
    I wish I had hay fever!
    we are on 40 days and 40 nights of rain here!

Never had it thank dog! but my brother and my dad used to suffer really really badly when we lived in Essex and in Cornwall but since they moved to Dorset neither of them are too bad!

ive suffered with it for years and sometimes nothing lessens the effects, the best thing ever is the injection they do which will last for upto 3 months. only downside is a lot of gps claim to not be able to administer it due to it not being too good for you but its balls. play up until you can get someone to gove you the jab, its steroid based i think and its the only thing that truely works. summer is usually a time of misery and suffering for me too as my doc wont give me the jab

mine is worse in rain and damp conditions,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Some people suggest eating LOCAL honey, it helps the body to build up a resistance to the local pollen. It does have to be from local bees though, worth a try, provided you like honey
    Beretta Silver Pigeon 20 Bore
    Browing X-Bolt Stainless Stalker - 30-06
    Countryside Management Diary - http://www.leagueofwrath.co.uk/cmblog/

Hello 375win.

I know how you feel, as I struggle aswell. In desperation I went to my GP for anything else on the market, but who instead advised me to eat more honey, from within a 5 mile area of my home. Thankfully, we have quite a few locals who sell honey, so this was easy. Within 1 week my hayfever symptoms have gone.

The farmers around here are big on oilseed rape, and the local bee keepers, say it produces good yields of honey, so maybe there is a link. It is worth a go - and cheaper than tablets....

Hope this helps.

Neil G.