Thread: Swaro 8x30cl and swaro 8x30 rangefinder

Swaro 8x30cl and swaro 8x30 rangefinder

Hi guys

I'm considering buying swaro 8x30cl bins and was also wanting a rangefinder. Would the swaro 8x30 rangefinder be just as clear as the bins? Would I b able to just use the rangefinder for spotting as well as it seems to b the same optics (obviously minus the extra lense) or r the bins better for spotting?? Just want to no if I can justify both or would the rf do both jobs??

Any views would b greatly appreciated.

Cheers rob

Bearing in mind I'm only a recreational stalker out maybe 2/3 morning or evening sessions a week and I'm not out all day every day.

Cheers rob
    Last edited by Bigboab29; 27-06-2012 at 13:16.

Anyone got the rangefinder?? looking for any comments??

Cheers Rob

Hi mate i've got a swaro rangefinder if you want a look through 1, just pop round
    Here is the bumfh on the rangefinder: http://www.swarovskioptik.com/upload...[1155].pdf http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/pro...ic-instruments
    Last edited by DazT; 28-06-2012 at 09:53.
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

that would be great bud, im hopeing i can just buy the rangefinder and use it for spotting as well as it is supoosibly just the same optics as the 8x30cl bins. just didnt wnr to shell out 750 on the rangefinder just find out i need to shell out the same again on an actual set of bins!!!

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    that would be great bud, im hopeing i can just buy the rangefinder and use it for spotting as well as it is supoosibly just the same optics as the 8x30cl bins. just didnt wnr to shell out 750 on the rangefinder just find out i need to shell out the same again on an actual set of bins!!!

Cheers Rob
    Are you by chance going to the Scone fair this weekend in Perth? You can check out some gear on the stands there - also I'm happy to bring my Swaro 10x42 EL range binoculars for you to try out - you could try them out on something more than just looking down the aisle of the fair next to the trade stand! I know they're s, but I was looking for a top end pair of binoculars and also being relatively new to stalking wanted to get a rangefinder, but didn't want to carry 2 bits of kit. I liked the Zeiss and Leica offerings as well, but the Swarovski just felt better in my hand.

The laser guide uses the same lenses as the sl binos iirc, it is very clear with good definition, think you might get a bit of eye strain only using 1 eye.
    If i was in your position i would get some good binos and a cheaper rangefinder
    Leica and leupold ones usually come up for sale quite cheap

The LRF as a Monocular in place of Bins is useable, but the low light performance is not the best with the 30mm lens. They will fail in low light well before a 50mm scope or a set of 8x42 bins.

If your budget is limited, I would skip the LRF and buy a decent set of bins - assuming you have two good eyes that is... If you are a one-eyed git like me, then the LRF is a workable solution.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......