Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A return hunt / fish

A return hunt / fish

A good friend of mine who invites me every year up to the lothians to stalk his deer, had a trip down to me with his wife for a stalk / fishing trip.
    I took him out for a look around the land when he arrived , and although he is a scotsman and should be used to mozzies he couldnt handle the ones in the wood.
    He opted just to fish my pond instead of shooting deer as he can shoot them every day, but never gets to fish for carp and didn't fancy getting bit to death.
    He caught 120lb of carp in 2 sessions and we never botherd weighing the many silver fish (rudd) which he caught with the fly rod on an evening.

Just a few photos of his trip, he really enjoyed it and if he gets a suitable mozzie suit he will come over on the hinds. back up to his for another go on his for another go at roe shortly so looking forward to that too.
    Any one else up for a swap please get in touch i have a few options available.

just a few photos of his trip

Last edited by Double four; 27-06-2012 at 15:39.

Mark he's sleeping like a baby now, were out for a meal tonight if he can resist the cider i might still get him out in the morning but i wouldn't bank on it

Bet those fish got a shock after years of easy living !!

I see his hound was eyeing up your Pinks
    Last edited by mudman; 27-06-2012 at 21:38.

What a great trip, never had so much fun when nothing died. Never seen so many mosquuitos or horseflies neither.

Thanks for a great trip matey, will be back later in year for one of those large Reds off the Serengeti.

Quote Originally Posted by ctw View Post
    What a great trip, never had so much fun when nothing died. Never seen so many mosquuitos or horseflies neither.

Thanks for a great trip matey, will be back later in year for one of those large Reds off the Serengeti.
    Don't forget your mozzy spray they like a bit of fresh blood down here as you've already learnt, nice to meet you by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    A good friend of mine who invites me every year up to the lothians to stalk his deer, had a trip down to me with his wife for a stalk / fishing trip.
    I took him out for a look around the land when he arrived , and although he is a scotsman and should be used to mozzies he couldnt handle the ones in the wood.
    He opted just to fish my pond instead of shooting deer as he can shoot them every day, but never gets to fish for carp and didn't fancy getting bit to death.
    He caught 120lb of carp in 2 sessions and we never botherd weighing the many silver fish (rudd) which he caught with the fly rod on an evening.

Just a few photos of his trip, he really enjoyed it and if he gets a suitable mozzie suit he will come over on the hinds. back up to his for another go on his for another go at roe shortly so looking forward to that too.
    Any one else up for a swap please get in touch i have a few options available.

just a few photos of his trip

I could maybe swap you some pirate bashing for some fishing bob.

Andy

I know i collect trophys Andy but pirates are not on the wish list buddy keep safe pal see you soon . DF

looks good Bob, never new you had a pond in the garden?

Steve

Yes mate its not bad you are into fishing but sadly i arnt, i was going to stock it with trout originally but it was a lot of faffing about so i never bothered.
    Got another one quite a bit bigger that we created a year ago more for shooting, its looking really good at the moment and im well pleased with how its developing. DF