Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is at fault

Who is at fault

Hi csl hope this is in the correct section,anyway,anybody who read my thread about lapua cases at uk gun room beware of the odd case that are rg cases in amongst them,I bought 300 lapua once fired cases a couple of weeks ago for 30 per 100,thought that was a bargin so I thought somebody else would need some,i didnt check to see if all were lapua,i started resizing the other night and broke my decaping pin,thought I had miss lined the case up and caught the rim and snapped it off,put new pin in tonite and broke it again and bent rod inside which holds the decap pin,made a call to an expert to ask about rg cases to be told rg are berdan primed,flash holes not in the centre of the case,just prewarning anybody who ordered any cases so for them not to break there die set,atb swarovski
    Last edited by swarovski; 27-06-2012 at 21:04.

Radway green are usually boxer primed - but the primers are crimped in
    Look into the case with a torch
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

When I bought 300 lapua once fired cases I dint expect any other brands in amongst them

Swarovski you ask who is at fault, well not being too critical because I think we have all done the same at some time but the fault is mainly down to you because you didn't inspect your cases before starting to reload. I am a bit finicky about my cases but not everyone is and will pick up any old cases off the range floor. None the less it just goes to show that the retailer hasn't exactly spent a lot of time checking and batching cases has he? In all probability he has bought a job lot of cases off the local police force and the sale was agreed on scrap value. It's something to always check for when buying used cases.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Radway green are usually boxer primed - but the primers are crimped in
    Look into the case with a torch - Russian Sniper

Only in recent years and in 5.56mm, the 7.62mm RG was berdan primed.
    Last edited by 8x57; 27-06-2012 at 21:26.

Wasn't sure if it was 5.56 or 7.62 that was berdan, but yep check with a torch - 2 holes= berdan / 1 hole= boxer

Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

I've never bought second hand cases before,never occurred to me to check,I cleaned them all with cordless drill and shell holder with a fine wire wool and did inspect all cases,somehow I over looked 4 rg cases,I will ring them tomorrow and let them know to let customers know to check just In case,the die set was brand new.

It's not a major issue there shouldn't be any damage done to the die other than the bent or broken pin.

Oh it's bent,the bit that unscrews which holds the decaping pin is bent where the thread ends on top side,I've straitened the best I can but probably needs a new part,**** happens
    Last edited by swarovski; 27-06-2012 at 22:30.

[QUOTE=swarovski;399955]Oh it's bent,the bit that unscrews which holds the decaping pin is bent where the thread ends on top side,I've straitened the best I can but probably needs a new part,**** happens[/QUOTE <BR><BR>I suppose your redress is with the supplier, afterall they were advertised as once fired LUPUA, and presumably you bought the same as such?? maybe the vendor should at least refund/credit&nbsp;you for the cost of the decapping gear you damaged!!
    Last edited by patrickt; 28-06-2012 at 18:46. Reason: missed word