Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising for services abroad that are illegal / not allowed in the UK

Advertising for services abroad that are illegal / not allowed in the UK

Following on from a recent thread......

If we had any plains or dangerous game in the UK, it wouldn't be legal to shoot it without a dramatic change in legislation, just as using bows in the UK would require a change in legislation.

There is a complete section dedicated to big game hunting with lots of opportunities advertised the opportunity to do things abroad that are/would be illegal here in the UK... Perhaps, this section should be deleted and adverts from those trade members offering such 'illegal' activities no longer accepted?

This is an odd comment. they are advertising services that are fully legal in their area.
    Just because it is illegal does not make it wrong, just not allowed by the lawmakers of a specific area of the world. Like weed smoking was OK in Holland.
    I own 2 pistols in Germany so does that also make me an illegal member of this forum?
    Martin

i dont see why we have to stop others ,i have never bow hunted but i am interested in the ballistics side of things and i wouldnt want to stop someone who had the ability to do it i dont see why we all have to jump on someone who is offering a service thats legal somewhere else. this i feel is why we are slowly losing our rights to most things as nobody sticks together and is happy to give others grief, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

shooting any African animal in the UK is "illegal"

If advertising opportunities outside Uk jurisdiction was banned surely we would be stepping into the realms of some communist state with censorship at every level "for your protection"?

(as a caveat to that, I was not aware of the underlying reason for the question until after I read this one. still seems a strange decision though, you can advertise anything you like so long as the act of advertising is not in breach of UK law)
    Last edited by bewsher500; 28-06-2012 at 07:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    This is an odd comment. they are advertising services that are fully legal in their area.
    Just because it is illegal does not make it wrong, just not allowed by the lawmakers of a specific area of the world. Like weed smoking was OK in Holland.
    I own 2 pistols in Germany so does that also make me an illegal member of this forum?
    Martin
    It was in response to Tamus' comment that because bowhunting is illegal here, we should not be advertising it as available elsewhere in the world, especially as apparently, the authorities might take a very dim view of it!

I was just thinking, based on this and other recent threads, as this is a UK deer stalking with rifle site, so as not to appear biased, should the forum be advertising ANY activity that is either not legal or allowed in this country and that does not fit the description of the site?

Just seems a little paradoxical to me!

Account Suspended
    I just had a quick glance through the big-game section.

None of the adverts appear to me to advertise anything that would be unlawful here. However, I do note Sikamalc's cautionary advice regarding the one and only attempt to further bow-hunting advertising via this site.

Incidentally, Thomas Cook don't advertise flights, in this country, for the purpose of breaking UK law. Why would that be??? (this comment may seem awfully obscure, given that the thread it refers to has been deleted, but the poster I'm talking to knows who he is)
    Last edited by Tamus; 28-06-2012 at 07:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    I just had a quick glance through the big-game section.

None of the adverts appear to me to advertise anything that would be unlawful here. However, I do note Sikamalc's cautionary advice regarding the one and only attempt to further bow-hunting advertising via this site.

Incidentally, Thomas Cook don't advertise flights, in this country, for the purpose of breaking UK law. Why would that be??? (this comment may seem awfully obscure, given that the thread it refers to has been deleted, but the poster I'm talking to knows who he is)
    Are you reading the same forum as me.... I hadn't realised that shooting Kudu or impala is legal in the UK?!

This thread highlights the controversy that bow hunting can cause. At the moment there is an undoubted groundswell of interest in bow hunting, not necessarily from people wanting to do it but from hunters showing an interest. Equally there are just as many, if not more, who would be quite happy if no mention of bow hunting were ever made on any of the forums. So now we as admin are left with a delicate juggling act where we have to try to keep everyone happy, now bearing in mind this is not our employment merely a hobby that is growing like a cuckoo chick in a warblers nest, we do not have the time to perform that particular miracle. So where do we draw the line? The last thread on the subject re bow hunting in Africa was actually progressing in quite a civilised fashion and was both informative and entertaining, then we had the request for trade membership which caused us to go into a huddle. The upshot was that although we were happy for the thread to continue, we could not condone trade membership as, Alex has already pointed this out, it could have led to the closing down of threads from a paying trade member, so we declined the offer. No mention was made of not participating in any bow hunting threads, just not as a trade member, this in turn led to a dramatic stage production of the fact that he felt hard done by. I'm sorry if this has caused some of you upset, but a line had to be drawn somewhere this is after all The Stalking Directory, The Home of UK Deer Stalking.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Account Suspended
    QUOTE=bewsher500;400082]shooting any African animal in the UK is "illegal"
    I'm pretty sure my ticket permits it. So, why do you say that?

There's not even a closed season for Cape Buffalo here and I'm confident someone will have shot an Asiatic buff or two already, on their Mozzarella farms.

If advertising opportunities outside Uk jurisdiction was banned surely we would be stepping into the realms of some communist state with censorship at every level "for your protection"?

(as a caveat to that, I was not aware of the underlying reason for the question until after I read this one. still seems a strange decision though, you can advertise anything you like so long as the act of advertising is not in breach of UK law)
    [/QUOTE]

"So long as"... so true.

Lets get this straight shall we.................. I am neither against or for Bow hunting in countries where it is legal to do so, having hunted Africa and taken both Elephant and Buff I would not want to take a bow to such animals, I prefer a rifle. But thats my decision.

Secondly the recent new member from South Africa asked if he could advertise bow hunting on this site and also look for an agent. Admin discussed this and decided to reject his offer to apply for trade membership. WE DID NOT BANN HIM and he is very welcome to stay as a member, and we would welcome his input to the site.

Thirdly the very reason why we rejected his offer to join as a trade member is because of the remarks and trouble this would cause on a site that is about deer stalking. If bows were legally allowed to be used in the UK we would have taken a different view. But they are not and I for one cannot see them ever being allowed.

So lets put this bow stuff to bed and get on with helping each other rather than starting another very pointless thread.

Sorry JAYB posted this just after your reply.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.