Ticks time again.

NorthDorset

Unlike the horseflies, I hadnt seen many ticks this year. I figured this was down to the odd year we have had weatherwise. So far we have only pulled one off our horses and not one yet off the dog.

Then this morning I was in the shower and found one latched on in my navel. I thought it was an obstinate bit of fluff at first.

Flipping hate ticks. I had a friend in the USA who had Lymes Desease that knocked him about for months. So I usually have the wife check me over after a day in the field.

Fair to say I dont contemplate the inside of my belly button very often!

Have to say i've never had a tick latched on, have caught a couple in the act of wandering up my arm when out after bunnies and have taken a few off the dogs after walks but other wise, touch wood, I seem to be lucky with regard to ticks.

I reckon its down to the amount of frontline I get covered in every time I try to dose the dogs!

Sorry to lower the tone chaps but had the lovely task of removing one from the side of my dogs a#•hole last week. Of all the places to latch on. You try telling a 18kg HWV it for her own good.
That's the first iv seen this year by the way.

Matt.

Had a tick yesterday while i was skinning a roe buck head. It latched on to my arm just above the nitrile glove.
o'tom sorted it ;)

Sorry to lower the tone chaps but had the lovely task of removing one from the side of my dogs a#•hole last week. Of all the places to latch on. You try telling a 18kg HWV it for her own good.
That's the first iv seen this year by the way.

Matt.

how did you notice it?...LOL..all I can say is "bummer"

Had more ticks on me and the dogs this year than ever before. Bizarre that my Lab gets ticks but my Border terrier never does.... She does smell like a old sweaty pair of socks... maybe that is a good tick repellent.

Back