Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not stalking related, sea trout fishing

Not stalking related, sea trout fishing

Hi All,
    I went out last night, river dropping and clearing, caught a small fish about 1lb then hit into this one, not the biggest i have ever caught but one of the best fights, took off upstream on its first run of 60 yards, then came back towards me at a crazy speed and jumped about 4 feet in the air, after 10 minutes i got it in, 4lb 12oz fresh fish.
    Sea trout fishing, the other passion in my life! (just to clarify deer stalking is the other )

Cheers
    Richard

Cracker! Biggest I have ever had were a few about 3lb.

Well done

Peter

Fantastic. Iv yet to catch one, not much access to them up here. Some pals are going on a trip to the dovey next week that I wish I was going on. If we don't get much rain between now and then I think it will be perfect for them.
    What's rivers this off?

Matt.

Something I have always wanted to do but nevefr got round to learning how to. Great memory for you, and a nice fish. That will eat well with a nice chilled white wine.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I am very fortunate to be able to get onto the River Till in the Borders which has a very early run of big sea trout. Often had line freezing in the rings. Heart stopping when you get a big sea trout beach itself trying to take a small Mepps!!

When hooked they spend more time in the air

D

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Something I have always wanted to do but nevefr got round to learning how to. Great memory for you, and a nice fish. That will eat well with a nice chilled white wine.
    +1. And I don't think anyone could object to a 'non stlking' related post like this.

Sea trout are on my 'bucket list', along with salmon, cwd and plains game in Africa.

you lucky boy that is a grate sea trout iam green with envy

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    malc you should try it at night with a FLY and when the smallest of plucks is felt and the line tightens and your into a 5-7lb fish that is the average on the river wear and all hell is let loose in the river there is nothing better.

if your ever up here in the next month or so let me know and i will have a night with you on the wear.

regards
    chris

Cracking troot fella,and doubly nice on the fly.Water up and very dirty nearly non stop the now and using worn and spinner and picking up a couple and also a mint 7lb salmon on Sat and Monday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	js46_004.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	281.9 KB 
ID:	16945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	js46_034.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	16946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	js46_047.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	16947

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    I am very fortunate to be able to get onto the River Till in the Borders which has a very early run of big sea trout. Often had line freezing in the rings. Heart stopping when you get a big sea trout beach itself trying to take a small Mepps!!

When hooked they spend more time in the air

D
    You must have had better luck with me with the dates this year!! Ive gad 5 trips cancelled with the floods. My mate had the biggest fae the Till last year, a pultry 12lb...........

Im a Till regular and an avid Sea trout man, and with my miss fortune this year its good to see a bar of Silver thanks for sharing.

Nutty