Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has hunted with a bow or would like to hunt with a bow

Who has hunted with a bow or would like to hunt with a bow

Like I have said in on a different thread. I am new to bow hunting but have booked a black bear hunt in Canada and am sorting out a whitetail deer hunt in the USA.

Who else has hunted with a bow.

Where to and what animal

Have you any other trips booked

Dogfox

Never done it, but would love to. I have family in nova scotia, so hopefully I'll get over sometime for a whitetail. I'd love to shoot a bear but it's far too expensive to justify!

Been to Africa bow hunting and the USA. Great fun!

Has to be one for any hunters bucket list.
    Still practice most weeks with my Mathews 70lb bow with broad heads on my 3D deer target. Cant beat seeing the whites for there eyes

Andrew

A friend of mine has done it in Africa on game and Canada on brown bear and wolf he's a deer stalking fanatic with rifle over here but says bow hunting is more testing and exiting. He borrowed me his bow for several weeks and I have to say its addictive you will be very surprised just how accurate it is. Most rifle men frown at it but once you realise just how effective they are your soon converted. Range is key because of the curve but once you have a bow that fits and you know the range its amazing.

DS

For christ's sake, has this turned into the 'Bow Hunting Directory' or something!
    I probably speak for most members on here when I say that I have no interest in Bow hunting as I respect the laws of this land and value the welfare of the deer within it!
    If you want to discuss bow hunting and give it a go, then that is your choice, but kindly keep it off this forum where it is not overly welcome. Here..... I've found a bow hunting forum where you can fire your arrows to your hearts content!
    http://www.bowhuntingforum.co.za/
    There's enough cowboys in the stalking world, we sure as Fek don't need the indians to go with them!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I probably speak for most members on here when I say that I have no interest in Bow hunting
    MS
    I wonder.

The last thread about bow hunting had a lot of closet bow hunters come out and it educated a load more.

I would be that if it was legal in this country half this forum would do it.

Have to admit I would love to try it, and I`m sure plenty on here would love to discuss legal bow hunting,

But anyway, admin will be along to close this thread shortly so hey ho.

Oh and Monkey , Speak for yourself.

Taking pictures of deer is not stalking but gets plenty discussion. And i know bow hunting in the uk is illegal,, just before you point that out, But at least it is actual stalking.

I hope they don't. It has a damned bit more to do with stalking than what truck to buy.

I have hunted with a bow. Everything from fish & frogs, ground squirrels to deer.~Muir

For christ's sake, has this turned into the 'Bow Hunting Directory' or something!
    I probably speak for most members on here when I say that I have no interest in Bow hunting as I respect the laws of this land and value the welfare of the deer within it!
    If you want to discuss bow hunting and give it a go, then that is your choice, but kindly keep it off this forum where it is not overly welcome. Here..... I've found a bow hunting forum where you can fire your arrows to your hearts content!
    http://www.bowhuntingforum.co.za/
    There's enough cowboys in the stalking world, we sure as Fek don't need the indians to go with them!
    MS
    Give over, if you don't like it don't read it. This site is open to people from all over the world not just the UK, it is interesting to read how others do it. Stalking is not just done with a rifle

Al

I have no interest in Bow hunting !
    MS
    Then why read a thread about bow hunting??
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk