Reported Post's

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Dear all, of late there has been a whole host of members reporting posts for various reason's, some are quite straightforward and quite easily dealt with no problem at all. Then we get to the more controversial topics where the page count is in double figures and people feel disposed to reporting some aspect of the post, in fact quite often more than one person is so moved. The trouble is where a thread has in excess of one hundred posts and the complaint wording is, "insulting" or "patronising" then it would be helpful to include the post number to which you refer. Other than this the expectation is that we wade through the entire thread looking for what has caused offence and bearing in mind it may not cause us offence we could never find it. So please in order to save time, our time, be a little more specific regarding your complaint, or it could pass us by and not be dealt with.
John

What sort of thing do people take offence at?

Speaking for myself, in two years of membership I've been called a few things, mostly by people whose accounts are now suspended btw, and the only time I ever actually took offence was when someone called me "Scotch". BLOODY CHEEK! :D

So what sort of thing causes the problems?

Maybe if we knew we could avoid doing it.

The whole point of a forum is being able to speak your mind, so the same should apply here as in everyday life
if it would falls foul of the law as applied in other walks of life then it should not be allowed, otherwise freedom of speech.

also more and more people seem to be lacking a sense of humour and don't seem to be able to see when something is tongue in cheek.

The whole point of a forum is being able to speak your mind, so the same should apply here as in everyday life
if it would falls foul of the law as applied in other walks of life then it should not be allowed, otherwise freedom of speech.

also more and more people seem to be lacking a sense of humour and don't seem to be able to see when something is tongue in cheek.

So true. What a bunch.

Gents, don't misunderstand, all I am saying is that when people feel the urge to complain or report a post is to let us know what it is they are complaining about. I am not looking for a discussion on freedom of speech etc, just asking for a little help. It looks as if asking people to be accurate when they moan is something to moan about.

John

John, I freely admit hitting the button on some posts. Quick enquiry, this post will have a thread number 7 unless someone gets in front of me. If I click on this post the offence button do you see this post or the entire thread. Jim

John,

If I may interject ;).... if someone uses the report post button beneath the post in question we get an email with a link that should take us to that post (the only time it doesn't is if that post has been deleted already) in which case it will just take you to the general area where it used to be!

It's the complaints that come in via 'Contact Us' which tend to be vague and leave us having to search for the thread they are talking about.

Alex

Whether you agree or disagree with what someone has posted IMO it is a bit sad that anyone should wish to report a post, when you have the opportunity to openly express your view. I find it quite tiresome when people join the site apparently with the sole purpose of whinging about some commercial transaction that has failed to meet their exacting standards and then make no other contribution whatsoever about their other stalking experiences and related topics. atb Tim

What is "the report post button"?

Is that an actual button, which I don't seem to be able to locate... no double intentions accepted here.

Or is it just a figure of speech.. referring clipe activity? (ah! hemm!... I mean responsibile citizenship)

Sorry to be so dim but I haven't a scoobie, what you are talking about.

What is "the report post button"?

Is that an actual button, which I don't seem to be able to locate... no double intentions accepted here.

Or is it just a figure of speech.. referring clipe activity? (ah! hemm!... I mean responsibile citizenship)

Sorry to be so dim but I haven't a scoobie, what you are talking about.

Tamus

The little triangle with the exclamation mark in it... far left hand side bottom of each post

Cheers
Paul

Speaking for myself, in two years of membership I've been called a few things, mostly by people whose accounts are now suspended btw, and the only time I ever actually took offence was when someone called me "Scotch". BLOODY CHEEK! :D

Why bother taking offence at another persons ignorance? They probably think it's whiskey too?

Iain

Tamus

The little triangle with the exclamation mark in it... far left hand side bottom of each post

Cheers
Paul

Gosh! and so it is, well I'll be.

And tell me, do you think anyone really needs push such an insignificant little button? <----- Rhetorical, tongue in cheek question :D

Gosh! and so it is, well I'll be.

And tell me, do you think anyone really needs push such an insignificant little button? <----- Rhetorical, tongue in cheek question :D

Only when I read one of your posts Tam :norty:

Whether you agree or disagree with what someone has posted IMO it is a bit sad that anyone should wish to report a post, when you have the opportunity to openly express your view. I find it quite tiresome when people join the site apparently with the sole purpose of whinging about some commercial transaction that has failed to meet their exacting standards and then make no other contribution whatsoever about their other stalking experiences and related topics. atb Tim
Quite simple really, on the Internet there is a lot of posts and articles that cause offence. Rather than posting a reaction which is usually what they are after in the first place it can be passed to the owners of the site to adjudicate. If they leave it, lock it or delete it is their call but don't respond to it or you have been suckered into the very reaction they were looking for. Jim

Back