Thread: Not a good report.

I've mixed views on this one, he was wrong but he did attempt to release it and he didn't check a trap with the door wedged open. I can see why you wouldn't check it as in theory it shouldn't have been able to hold birds. Where he went wrong was not checking once opened that it had managed to get out.

Nothing wrong with the report - it appears factual and the gamekeeper admited his error.
    Proves that the shooting community are prone to human error, we are not all perfect and we make mistakes.
    Of course, a huge shame that the buzzard died an awful death.

Blog Entries
    So the Buzzard got into the trap. GK finds said bird and blocks open the door with a bucket.

Remembering this story http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14118494 and a scene from The Vikings, he can perhaps be forgiven for not getting too close. Obviously could have done more but didnt.

Traps open and shouldnt catch further til reset. Why check it?

Sounds like a fair judgement considering the death of the bird. If he was deliberate about it or made it a matter of course to let animals die this way then it would have been more.

Dont know the facts but i get the impression that it's fair enough result.
    A buzzard in a crow cage ,door propped open with bucket !!! really? and left to flap about and draw attention or eventually maybe, get out. Mmmmmm .
    That said I've had cages i wired open, someone ,up to no good ,had wired shut,with similar result . and cages full of crows and rooks let go and kicked in. The most alarming though was a neighbour using a deactivated roadside cage of mine to store crows in while he was on holiday, no food no water no permission!

I see today that the Hawk used at Wimbledon has been nicked. I expect a keeper will take the heat for that. They normally do.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.