Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: muntjac heads

muntjac heads

hi i shot these munties back in april can anyone shine some light on them, i dont know if there big enough to measure they both are four and a half inch long at the longest tine, cheers remmy.

Last edited by remmy; 29-06-2012 at 12:38.

They are both worth a measure any Munty with 10cm long antlers and around 10cm span is worth having measured if it doesnt quite make the grade there is no cost but at least you will have a couple of refference heads of known CIC points what have you got to loose?

They both look to have the length, span and circumrence of the antlers and corenets and they even have brow tines.
    Last edited by Mr Lewis; 29-06-2012 at 12:24.

cheers for that mr lewis.

Hi Remmy.I had never had a muntjac head measured until I got one done at this years Gamekeepers fair.To my delight it got a gold.Just slightly longer than yours.But by the comparison I have just made with your right hand one the brow tines should make it a good medal !!!(my opinion).Try the BASC/Sporting Rifle measuring service they are great.
    Good luck.

Hi Remmy at 4.5 inches they are definately worth a look, if you google CIC red book you can find the formula, it's dead easy and quick to work out for yourself as it's all measured with a diameter tape, see how they come out and then just get that confirmed if you want the medal. They are both good looking heads.

Long, good shape, brow tines = worth a measure
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler1 View Post
    Hi Remmy.I had never had a muntjac head measured until I got one done at this years Gamekeepers fair.To my delight it got a gold.Just slightly longer than yours.But by the comparison I have just made with your right hand one the brow tines should make it a good medal !!!(my opinion).Try the BASC/Sporting Rifle measuring service they are great.
    Good luck.
    Go to CIC UK instead as they are the official measurers.
    You will get the official certificate and medal if they make the grade.
    To the best of my knowledge the BASC man is no longer with the CIC.

HWH.

job to say but they both look worth a go , id say the one on the right has the edge . and go cic everytime

thanks for all your info, will keep you posted. rgds remmy.

The one on the right is a good-un! Lovely job in whitening too! Hydrogen peroxide?
    MS