Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The media hammering more nails in again

The media hammering more nails in again

Have pulled this from another shooting forum but I think all involved in firearms should see what we're up against.

My heart sank when I heard some of the comments, just made me feel like throwing the towel in... with public attitudes like that and no balance shown by the BBC, it feels like it is only a matter of time before the choice of whether to shoot or not is taken away from us!

Why do we rarely see or hear such criticism of video games such as COD, which, to my mind, with their level of realism are far more likely to condition young minds that running round shooting people with guns is just a bit of fun!?

You want to be exactly 6 mins in..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ay_28_06_2012/
    Last edited by Vipa; 29-06-2012 at 14:18.

The article before the about shooting, asked is the Olympics encouraging people in to sport and the next article then complained that it was wrong to encourage young people in to an olympic sport.

The best thing is for us is to encourage as many young people as we can.

Form the comments on that report, it is blatantly obvious that they all think as soon as a child gets hold of a gun they transform into some kind of criminal lunatic shooting at anything or anyone that moves!
    Thats a pretty dammning view of todays children, which makes influences such as COD even more of a problem that needs looking into

Ian.

I hope that everyone will make themselves aware of the Green Party policies in respect of animal rights, eating meat, gun ownership and country sports. atb Tim

Saw this last night as we are in the SE area. Nothing new from the BBC, and as for the lady from the looney tune lot, Green, yes very green. Not a countryside person and probably another veggie or vegan. I often wonder how they would manage to survive if they had go without their pills and soya, which by the way along with palm oil farming is destroying a vast eco sysyem called the amazon rainforest.

I have a T shirt I wear occassionally usually to offend which says "There'ed be more environment to care for if the f/////n vegitarians would stop eating it"

Let them get on with it, and I will get on with what I was born to do, hunt and manage deer
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Saw this last night as we are in the SE area. Nothing new from the BBC, and as for the lady from the looney tune lot, Green, yes very green. Not a countryside person and probably another veggie or vegan. I often wonder how they would manage to survive if they had go without their pills and soya, which by the way along with palm oil farming is destroying a vast eco sysyem called the amazon rainforest.

I have a T shirt I wear occassionally usually to offend which says "There'ed be more environment to care for if the f/////n vegitarians would stop eating it"

Let them get on with it, and I will get on with what I was born to do, hunt and manage deer
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

don't piss and moan about it
    get your point of view out there on their site:

Improve Your Experience | Facebook

Excuse me can someone enlighten me as to what COD in this context is .................................................. .................. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Excuse me can someone enlighten me as to what COD in this context is .................................................. .................. Please?
    Call of Duty... just one of many very realistic military first person shooter video games

Medal of Honour Black Ops has very similar combat content although the best bit is the Zombie game modes though.... well other brands of graphic video game violence are available .... Lets be honest it's good crack when you and some mates go online and waste waves of ever more dangerous and numerous zombies using guns ranging from a 45acp 1911 to an RPK to a Ray gun...

LOOK RIGHT... Before you judge me, a guys got to do something when it's raining and you can't get out stalking