Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of bow and accessories do you use

What type of bow and accessories do you use

What type of bow and accessories do you use and please add photos of your bows.

I will start.
    Hoyt Vector 35 with easton FMJ arrows and Rage mechanical broad heads. I am trying out the starlight FOBS because I keep pulling the vanes off my arrows

Will take photo later.

Yew, bailer twine and flint

• Hoyt Vectrix 60lb, 27.5" draw, currently peaks at 59.5lb with 15lb hold (more than enough for my needs, even if I got the opportunity to hunt big game!)
    • Easton FMJ Arrows, currently with target points but have a few boxes of 125gn Thunderheads upstairs.
    • Trophy ridge quiver
    • Trophy Ridge pin sights (being replaced with IQ Bowsight (with Retina Lock) when it arrives from the States.)
    • Trophy Ridge Dropzone rest (being replaced with QAD Ultrarest HDX Pro captive drop-away when it lands from the States)
    • Trophy Ridge Adjustable stabilizer/harmonic dampener
    • Carter 2 shot wrist release

Sorry... pics are a bit crap... maybe when we get to the iphone 10 the low light quality will improve!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bow 1.JPG   Bow 2.JPG  

i started using a recurve cant remember the make i got into the notts junior team shooting that. Soon got bored of it so switched the the long bow now thats a real bow. I did a lot of field archery with it and loved it. Shooting at 3d targets of bears in sherwood forest is pretty cool.
    I had a longbow made for me out of some Oregon Yew i had sent over from the States.

Until my bow was taken into custody along with all the other stuff I shot in the village club, just for fun and relaxation, with a recurve bow. It has a Spigarelli Riser with Hoyt Carbon Foam limbs and a fast flight string. Off the top of my head I think the limbs are 48lbs draw. It has 6 match alloy shaft arrows and a nice Arten sight as I recall. having not seen it fr well over a year .

Only target stuff I am afraid no nasty broadheads etc but they still took it.

Edit:- Doh! forgot that there is a stabiliser that screws intot eh front of the Spigerelli Riser .
    Last edited by Brithunter; 30-06-2012 at 11:23.

Looks like some bow that. Always fancied giving it a go but never got round to it.
    FS25

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Until my bow was taken into custody along with all the other stuff I shot in the village club, just for fun and relaxation, with a recurve bow. It has a Spigarelli Riser with Hoyt Carbon Foam limbs and a fast flight string. Off the top of my head I think the limbs are 48lbs draw. It has 6 match alloy shaft arrows and a nice Arten sight as I recall. having not seen it fr well over a year .

Only target stuff I am afraid no nasty broadheads etc but they still took it.

Edit:- Doh! forgot that there is a stabiliser that screws intot eh front of the Spigerelli Riser .
    Why was it taken into custody Brit?

Chek-Mate Falcon 47#, purple heart riser, maple under black glass limbs. 40# Scots pineor POC shafts, 125 field point, Zwickey Judo, or Ace broadheads, where regs allow.

I have four recurves:

A custom Groves "Spitfire" 55# draw (the sweetest shooting bow I have ever shot) hunting bow
    A Pearson #40 target bow
    An Indian Archery 55# hunting bow
    My latest, a Martin X-200 which is shaping up to be a real shooter.

In addition to these I also have an original Howard Hill Long Bow of about 100# draw weight. Cedar shaft arrows only on that one: it will torque aluminum shafts and I haven't had the huevos to shoot carbon! ~Muir

PS: And with that group there is a Martin 60# take-down recurve belonging to my son. Not mine, but he'd let me use it if I wanted.
    Last edited by Muir; 30-06-2012 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Why was it taken into custody Brit?
    That is the question many ask and no one except the officers here know. They are still refusing to answer the question. Like wise why where books like Ackley's handbook Vol 2 taken. Spare wood stocks, new brass cases along with most of my fired brass three rifles scopes yet others left behind?.