Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another non-stalking post - I'd really like your opinions though!

Another non-stalking post - I'd really like your opinions though!

Gents, all, I'd like your opinions..

My other half has been involved in a car accident, she is the most honest person I know (she is!..)

So she was driving though a small village houses both sides of standard width road -following some 80yards behind a car. The car pulls over and stops on the left (sits stationary for approx 20 seconds), my missus approaches slowly, indicates and pulls out gets 3/4 past and the car then pulls into her left side, fecking everything from rear bumper to front wing. My missus stops in front - woman in car gets out (I won't say the rest)

Now how would you see this turning out in terms of liability?

Tom

If the other car was stationary then proceded to move and struck the car your wife was driving then it's got to be the other parties fault. Similar to pulling out in front of another vechile at a junction, I would think. Obviously the other party hasnt checked their blind spot.

Nutty

Sorry,

My point of saying my missus is honest is, that if she said it happened like that -it would have,,

Independent witnesses are worth their weight in gold in these cases. Otherwise I'm afraid its word against word and not all are as honest as your missis, especially when insurers tell people not to accept blame.

This will be a 50/50 I had something like this happen to me I blamed them they Blamed me ,both inc went 50/50

it will go 50/50 for sure unless - 1 party amits (which they wont) or you have got a indepentant witness to the incident

ATB

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    If the other car was stationary then proceded to move and struck the car your wife was driving then it's got to be the other parties fault. Similar to pulling out in front of another vechile at a junction, I would think. Obviously the other party hasnt checked their blind spot.

Nutty
    + 1. Damage to your good ladies car will show exactly where she was in relation to the other car when it pulled out.

You need to take pictures of the spot clearly marking where your missus was and the other car was. Draw a diagram. pictures paint a thousands words. Then see a decent solicitor, Not the one who your insurance company recommends because they will go straight to 50/50 to get the case closed and off their desk. Get legal advice. We all have opinions but none of us know the law, well unless we have a lawyer here.
    Witness helps lots, specially if the other party admitted it was their fault on the scene. the other thing is how well your missus is at putting her point across ie, does she sound convincing and good at putting her point across.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Sadly being honest has nothing to do with insurance claims. Your wife was passing a stationary car it moved off with out the correct observation and hit your wife's car.
    Other car owner say i was moving off and had signaled clearly in the process other car then tries to over take unavoidable collision.

50/50 unless some one admits liability.

Knowing how insurance companies work, i'd say this will def go 50/50.
    Morally speaking the fault would seem to lie with the driver of the other car - but your insurance company will probably settle with the other drivers insurance company 'knock for knock' as it will cost them less than arguing it out in court etc. In my experience they'll probably take your no claims as well.