101 Rabbits

Went out last night with a Farmer friend in the 4x4 with my brand new Ruger 10/22 zeroed it in in daylight had a brew and went out at 11pm by 12-30am i had shot 101 rabbits this was with a PVS 14 behind a Mamba Lite scope only for my friend wanting to go to bed i could have shot over 200 easily as on one 25acre field there must have been over 1000 rabbits i could see through the Maxikite and we didn't even go on that field as the place is snide out with rabbits on every field.Atb Ed

cant be said about up hear the rabbits have never recovered from that avian flu . shame good for training the spaniels on

Nice one sniper thats some going :thumb: i used to love rabbiting with the rimfire but sadly rabbits are rarer than hen's teeth round here so i never get the chance. df

Good shooting.

Get them while you can as they learn fast then run at the first sign of a car or lamp.

Funny enough on all the farms round about your lucky to shoot a dozen rabbits it's only this 400 acre farm where there are any big numbers.atb Ed
Can remember when shooting those sort of numbers was a regular occurrence, now rabbits are as rare as hens teeth around here.

i dunt see half that amount in a year on my permission, nevermind shoot that many!!! welldone
stav

Well done mate, nothing beats a .22 rimmy with a PVS on the back of it :). They just dont know whats hit them.

Wish I had some rabbit shooting like that,that's an awful lot of paunching to do though,a quid rach would be nice for them,certainly cover your ammo costs.

We're pretty much devoid of all rabbits on our shoot too. Good for the farmer. Bad for sport.

George

We have more rabbits than we know what to do with!!!! Seem to be picking up more and more land thats covered in them...No bloody deer here though :)

The trouble with stalking you don't fire many shots,back a few weeks ago I went out 7 times before I fired a shot,was a Roebuck,next outing 1 fox then this Tuesday I shot 4 foxes which was great for a change,on the other hand I wouldn't of wanted to fire 101 shots with my 25-06,the rimfire is great fun,is my fave caliber

Well done Ed, how long did that lot take to clean up?
If you need a hand some time (driving or lamp holding) let me know
Been having some success with the LB but all the fields down here very high with Rape but once that's cut I intend to be out making the most of it......

ATB Andy

Back