Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer stalking trousers

Summer stalking trousers

Can anyone recommend a pair of Summer stalking trousers that are comfortable in warm weather whilst being waterproof, thorn resistant, non shiny and rustle free? atb Tim

You may as well have just described unicorn sh*t! I find you either get waterproof which means sweaty or cool and breathable with a wet a***e. I will watch this one with bated breath in the hope somebody proves me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    You may as well have just described unicorn sh*t! I find you either get waterproof which means sweaty or cool and breathable with a wet a***e. I will watch this one with bated breath in the hope somebody proves me wrong
    I would rather hope that some of the trade members would have something positive to say.

have a look at the 511 range

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I would rather hope that some of the trade members would have something positive to say.
    I hope you have lots to spend!!! In the summer I usually wear any old cotton trousers. Don't know what the 511 range is? levi's??

Quote Originally Posted by RWC2010 View Post
    have a look at the 511 range
    Thanks, they look quite interesting.atb Tim

The 511 range are awesome but far from quiet - they're not that bad once worn in in terms of noise, but they're water resistant rather than waterproof...

I use a pair of craghopper trousers for hunting this time of year - about 20-30 from sports direct! - Quite quiet, kinda resistant, and light and easy to move in.

If you can avoid the thorns then just get yourself some army issue tracksuit bottoms (green) - very comfy and quiet, and not too hot as they breathe!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    The 511 range are awesome but far from quiet - they're not that bad once worn in in terms of noise, but they're water resistant rather than waterproof...

I use a pair of craghopper trousers for hunting this time of year - about 20-30 from sports direct! - Quite quiet, kinda resistant, and light and easy to move in.

If you can avoid the thorns then just get yourself some army issue tracksuit bottoms (green) - very comfy and quiet, and not too hot as they breathe!
    Thanks, I shall have a look at those. atb Tim

For summer stalking ,not that i do much any more i use green moleskin trouseres. i wear them a lot when working the dogs if the weather is dry. True not water resistant and we don't have too many thorny things or barbed wire here. Had 2 pairs made with double seat and knees before i left england 10 years ago. Just stated wearing the second pair.

Can anyone provide a link to the 511's?