Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grailocking

Grailocking

How fast do you think you could gralllock a roebuck or doe.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    What a daft question!
    It's about doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Isn't it time for you to take your medication?

Na I don't do drugs mate,there is bound to be a few who has timed themselves!why can't it be done swiftly and correct,I've probably done around 700 now,think I've got the hang of it now.
    Last edited by swarovski; 30-06-2012 at 21:13.

What a pointless question.

It's gralloch....

g -r -a -l -l -o -c -h

When park culling, so hanging gralloch with all kit laid out and easily to hand.... 8 mins per fallow doe.

Oh and before anyone gets on their high horse, gralloching is done adhering to all best practices.

Sticks

I could probably do it fairly quick now if speed became some sort of target but personally I like to take my time and get it as clean and right as possible given what you are left with once the bullet has done its business. Obviously every one is different, depends on shot position, damage etc. There's no doubt that the pros on here can do it fast and do it well, but for rest of us, what's the rush?

Alex

“Quickly” and “properly” are two different things. As a slaughterman I do it quickly, to the standard acceptable to the slaughterhouse; as a stalker I take a breath, relax following the stalk or sit and relive the moment while I eviscerate the beast to my standard which is extremely high and far greater than the standard acceptable in most slaughter houses.

There it the tail of the young bull and the old bull stood on a hill looking down at a herd of cows…………………….most will know the rest!
    Last edited by Leupsak; 01-07-2012 at 06:47.

I appolagise for the spelling error,the iPad does a predictive thing,I thought I was going mad a few weeks ago until I realised what was going on,I was forever editing ,I've always been in the habit of doing a swift gralloch,there is a lot of walkers around and probably most would object to it,you don't really want to be confronted by an angry walker when you have a rifle and a knife in your hand whether they are way off the footpaths.