Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: will the r93 be fased out

  1. #1

    will the r93 be fased out

    Could the blaser r93 be at risk of being fased out by the pushing of the r8? I would hate to shell out for the former when the parts are not interchangeable to find in a couple of years the bits have disappeared, all thoughts welcome, bb

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by barkin` buck View Post
    Could the blaser r93 be at risk of being fased out by the pushing of the r8? I would hate to shell out for the former when the parts are not interchangeable to find in a couple of years the bits have disappeared, all thoughts welcome, bb
    I doubt it not while folks are still "daft" enough to buy them.

    Ok got me tin hat on and safely under the mantlet............................................. INCOMING!

  3. #3
    I think it is pretty safe to say they will be at some point.

    I am buying a R8 tomorrow. Couple of hundred more and its a big improvement on the R93, to top it off there is no risk as there is with a R93

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I doubt it not while folks are still "daft" enough to buy them.

    Ok got me tin hat on and safely under the mantlet............................................. INCOMING!
    now now kevin dont start regards pete

  5. #5
    The r8 is marketed as being an improvement on the r93, if it proves to be a commercial success and sales of the r93 fall off as a result I cannot see any commercial reason why Blaser would continue to make them. atb Tim

  6. #6
    There was a long discussion about this on an American web site and it seems they have stopped production but there is enough replacement parts to keep them going for the forseeable future.
    A company in Bulgaria are already making parts, enough to make a whole R93 rifle, so regardless of what Blaser do there will not be a problem.
    It seems the Bulgarian company has looked into this and the Blaser patent expires some time in 2012 so they have not gone into world wide advertising just yet.
    I have already had a Bulgarian Saddle mount, identical to the Blaser and at 220 very good indeed.

  7. #7
    Having 4 x R93 Blaser's can you give me the contact details please.



    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    There was a long discussion about this on an American web site and it seems they have stopped production but there is enough replacement parts to keep them going for the forseeable future.
    A company in Bulgaria are already making parts, enough to make a whole R93 rifle, so regardless of what Blaser do there will not be a problem.
    It seems the Bulgarian company has looked into this and the Blaser patent expires some time in 2012 so they have not gone into world wide advertising just yet.
    I have already had a Bulgarian Saddle mount, identical to the Blaser and at 220 very good indeed.

  8. #8
    Also pretty sure the reason why you can get the good deals on the .243 R93 is because they are off loading old stock.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Wanted R93
    By ezzy6.5 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-05-2010, 20:18
  2. Lh r93
    By ezzy6.5 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 05:30
  3. Blaser R93
    By sako85 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 16:30
  4. R93
    By colm in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 12:51
  5. BLASER R93
    By fletcher in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •