Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog trouble

Dog trouble

Has any one got any info on how to protect a dog from midges ie; spays or creams, as my lab/pointer was totally covered in then the last i went stalking

Well that's the Lab 's intro taken care of!, what about yourself ?... Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I dont put any stuff on the dogs just throw a dirty green towel over them you can also use it to wipe your self down after a sweaty and dirty gralloch.

There is a product called a Scalibor Collar. It has a licence claim to protect the dog against sand flies and mosquitoes so I'd expect protection from midges.

Lasts for 6 months and also protects from ticks.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Well that's the Lab 's intro taken care of!, what about yourself ?... Steve.
    Yes whistler an intro please!!!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

To protect your dog from midges, the best way is to do a proper introduction and then in the appropriate section ask again and someone might just help you out.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I do apolagize for the lack of intro new at this i am a middle aged novice deer stalker have been stalking for about six years i stalk in the south west of scotland for mainly red and roe but have also stalked sika on the mull, i am a syndicate member have level one and level two and on the fitness and competence register in scotland. the dog in question is a young one i am training for deer, the problem arose on my last visit to scotland in june when the dog was covered with midges every time we went out. the help is more for the dog not myself. SORRY

Just buy a Scalibor collar.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

thanks Apache; is this available off the shelf or is it on prescription from the vets, have you used it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by whistler View Post
    thanks Apache; is this available off the shelf or is it on prescription from the vets, have you used it yourself
    Hello whistler, I think you'll find Apache is a practising vet and only recommends what he has confidence in
    Cheers, downwind.