Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 130 gr BARNES TSX BULLETS

130 gr BARNES TSX BULLETS

I have just picked up a box of these for my 308 in the gunshop as they didnt have any of my usual 150s. Or any 150s for that matter. I know nothing about them! Anyone know what theyre like on deer, and secondly any suggested loads with varget??

Thankyou.

I hear they are a good tough bullet, I was going to use them in my 243 wssm (80grn) but had an issue getting them. heres a link to the barnes loading data.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-cont.../308WinWeb.pdf

Good luck
    nutty

i love them in my 270 !

once ive used up the last of my sierra's im going full time onto barnes with out a doubt , bugger all bruising and you can eat right up to the hole !

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    I hear they are a good tough bullet, I was going to use them in my 243 wssm (80grn) but had an issue getting them. heres a link to the barnes loading data.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/wp-cont.../308WinWeb.pdf

Good luck
    nutty
    Thanks. just looked at that

shot a lot of red deer with them out of my 270 and found no problem.they were bloody accurate

Awesome out of a 7mm RM

Drive them fast and watch em drop! (the deer that is)

130 would be pick of the bunch for me in 308

Dont worry about meat damage as there will hardly be any!

I have also found them to be accurate with the bullet 50 thou off the rifling

This is what terminal ballistics research had to say about them (130 g TSX in 308 win)

The Barnes 130 grain TSX is a good all around bullet for game weighing up to 150kg with relative ease- covering a huge cross section of game species. The 130 grain TSX, due to its weight and SD, meets great resistance on impact, resulting in fast killing out to and often beyond 300 yards (2200fps).

Used my 270 with Barnes 130gn TTPs in Africa this year, I took 21 animals from Wilderbeast to Springbok, from 150 to 390 yards, all were 1 shot kills with the bullet only not exiting on the wilderbeast. Go on to the Barnes site for load imfo, they like to be driven fast, and as said around 50 thou off the lands for the best accuracy, BLOODY accurate. If you get stuck P.M. as I have the Barnes reloading manual. deerwarden

I have been using them for the last couple of years in my .308 and found them to be an absolute killer. Good for taking skins on such small animals as Chamois too as there is minimal skin and meat damage.
    300 yds is their limit though IMO and slower kills result at any distance further than this.....to be avoided really.
    I am now going to use the 168grn Hornady Amax for more versatility for shots out to 400meters........not sure how they will effect my skins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys do anybody useing these 130grainers tsx use a crimping die as the Barnes website recommend?
    Jewfish.

Quote Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
    Guys do anybody useing these 130grainers tsx use a crimping die as the Barnes website recommend?
    Jewfish.
    Nope!! just seat the bullet but dont crimp