Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9.3x 62 heads

9.3x 62 heads

Having a hell of a job getting bullet heads for this round. Anyone baught any recently or know of a supplier who stocks them or has recently had some in stock? Tried all the obviouse ones.

Cheers

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    Seems to be quite a selection of bullets here http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...By=NameOrAlias

Your right. Thanks for that I will give them a bell in the morning.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

I've had the same difficulty myself in the past looking for 9.3mm bullets. I don't know if it is of any use to you but I was in the Sportsman Gun Centre in Exeter a few weeks ago and they had quite a stock of 270 grn speer bullets on the shelf.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

If you can get PRVI components, they make a fine 286 grain RN for the 9.3mm. It's the only reaonably priced 9.3mm bullet I can get.

Now that said, Lee Precision will make you a swaging die to take .375 bullets down to .366-368 in a standard reloading press if you ask them to. Just tell them what you plan on doing and they will cut the appropriate taper in the die. From all accounts, they work well and are very inexpensive. I don't use one because my iron sighted Husqvarna is regulated for 286 grain bullets and the PRVI suit me well, Very accurate.~Muir

Account Suspended
    Last time I looked Tim Hannam (Leeds) had a selection from 200 grain to 286 grain from Hornady and Lapua and some loaded ammo from Hornady too (in 286 grain)

Muir you must have forgotten we’ve discussed the impracticality of swaging down .375 expanding bullets in the U.K. before. In the U.K. you must have specific permission to be able to purchase expanding bullets and that permission will be calibre specific. So the original poster would have to have authority to purchase expanding bullets of both .375 calibre and 9.3mm on his firearms certificate. It would be unlikely that the police would grant such a request simply for the purpose of swaging down bullets. Unlike in the U.S.A. where you can walk into any gun shop and buy bullets in virtually any calibre you want we simply can’t do that. Also we can’t have expanding bullets posted to us.
    You also mention having a die custom made by Lee. I’ve recently gone through that fiasco and wouldn’t recommend it. First they sent the wrong size die caused by a simple error of transposition of figures. Then the replacement die went missing in the post somewhere in the U.S. Their suggestion then was to reorder through one of the two importers in the U.K. which I attempted but was advised that as they only have irregular orders it would probably be at least six months before they place another order and then there was no guarantee that the die would be included with their order.

Another you could try is the 286gr SP by Sellier and Bellot which are distributed by Edgars. My last lot were less than 30 per 100 retail and they have performed well on boar, deer and foxes. I ordered them through Derek Lee Gunsmiths but imagine any dealer can source them.

Mark,

I recall Forest Lodge Guns in Wragby having S&B in stock.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Mark,

I recall Forest Lodge Guns in Wragby having S&B in stock.

Stan
    But would they stock 9.3mm bullets?
    Vigilaire are you sure Edgar brothers are the importers for Sellior & Bellot, I thought it was Westlander.