Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you cover up totally

Do you cover up totally

When out do you cover up totally! Ie full face vail gloves! I do know when rook shooting the second they see you they turn and bugger off! Do you feel deer would act the same!

I do, but then I have to move over some very open ground so anything that helps is good. Hide the big white face. But (and I am no expert) Most animals tend to spot movement rather than colour.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by speedystu View Post
    When out do you cover up totally! Ie full face vail gloves! I do know when rook shooting the second they see you they turn and bugger off! Do you feel deer would act the same!
    my view, 80% camouflage, 20% field craft

Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    my view, 80% camouflage, 20% field craft
    Yes that's my rule of thumb!

In the winter yes cover as much as possible,but the summer 80% cover and use the natural cover to do the rest

i cover up, especially my face,hands and shiney head. i tend to go into stalk mode and feel more confident like this.

wellies, greenish trousers, a button down in sombre colours and a wide brimmed hat (stetson), that's me for stalking. I'd rather risk scaring a deer or two than sneak around like a sniper...and to be honest, I never really scare the deer off either, I just walk really slowly and use cover appropriately.

Sorry to disagree, but the fieldcraft should be 80% (or higher) Camouflage can not make up for bouncing round the countryside like a bull in a china shop.
    Birds are a different matter, deer can be approached using cover and dead ground, in the open steady stealthy movement will get you there.
    I have never covered my face, except when the midge are intolerable, and have never had a problem that camouflage would have solved. Deer notice movement.
    PS I do not wear real tree or anything similar, as I feel it is not required.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Some may prefer to be bxrx back each to there own, I presume if not whats your protection ?????

Me depends on which garden or land I maybe want to rummage in

No I hardly ever wear camo and never wear a hat I have never found the need to look like a tree to get within range of a deer