Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you give up shooting.............

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Would you give up shooting.............

Hi All.

I have been having problems with numbness below the waist in the last few weeks, i have the appointment to return to see the surgeon and im still awaiting the date for the next MRI scan,

What im worried about is i do not want to give up shooting in anyway shape or form, but if you had the same problems how would you handle the situation,

Would you stop, keep on until you physically can't do it, or hold off for a while and see how things pan out.

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hope all goes well Bob.
    I suppose we will all have to give it up at some time, we just don't know when that time will come, either though old age or just a bit of us getting too old!
    I think I would soldier on until I really couldn't physically do it, unless by doing so it would seriously jeopardise 'normal' life.
    Last edited by Virbius; 02-07-2012 at 21:40. Reason: spelling

BobJ I am qualified as a Spinal Therapist and also a shooter,the problem sounds like a cervical nerve impingement,post operative movement can cause this,the angle of prone shooting is not neck friendly..if in doubt check with your GP,soft tissue massage may help to relieve spasm ,high seat/off sticks may be better for you rather than prone,if you are feeling off balance don,t go aloft in a high seat! Bob don,t get despondent, when I was discharged from the Fire Service I was registered 30% disabled with spinal injury..fight back now mate and enjoy many years of the sport that you love. All The Best, Tony

One of my near neighbours sustained a severe and disabling back injury as a teenager. he does driven game shooting from a quad bike. atb Tim

If you can't get into a high seat how about using an idle back chair?
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

take it steady for a while and get yourself right thats what matters , the shooting can wait

Does'nt help much but I'd wait to see what the surgeon has to say and what the MRI scan shows. Not many people who would not understand your thoughts but you must dig deep and keep going. Nobody has told you that you must give up shooting nor that there is no solution to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Hi All.

I have been having problems with numbness below the waist in the last few weeks, i have the appointment to return to see the surgeon and im still awaiting the date for the next MRI scan,

What im worried about is i do not want to give up shooting in anyway shape or form, but if you had the same problems how would you handle the situation,

Would you stop, keep on until you physically can't do it, or hold off for a while and see how things pan out.

thanks

bob.
    Bob, sorry old boy you've still got a heart beat get on with it, we've all got problems my back is knackered so is my neck piled in to many times ,Ive had cancer twice waiting to go for brain surgery (they'll have to find it first) ,the hospital has more pictures of me than ever my mother had, and there still taking them ,I'm even thinking about putting my body to medical science they spent that much time poking and cutting bits out of it there must be something interesting about it .

It is a cheap funeral that way .

But who gives a shjt simple as long as i can draw breath, I'll be out there one way or another, and theres plenty on this site in the same boat, ENJOY the time you have there are plenty don't have any time left and to many kids that never got the chance .

Pulling a suit case out of the trunk of a bloody stupid american car I moved 3 vertibre in my neck and was told shooting would damage my neck permently
    so I bought a hydraulic recoil reducer and had it fitted to my shotgun.
    After breaking both legs at the same time in a motorcycle racing accident I was told I would not walk properly again that was 37 years ago I still stalk and shoot as much a possible the only way I am going to give up is when they screw down the f**king lid.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Don't give up mate, do what the physio or occupational therapists advise following the MRI results.
    And what they say at first may well be the worst possible outcome, they can't promise you the earth only to disappoint you later if things don't go to plan.
    In 1993 I was told I would never walk again, now I'm out deer stalking whenever I can and do all sorts of fishing from fly to big-game.
    Me and the missus are off hiking in Yosemite later this summer.
    I put my current state down to following advice from surgeons physios and PT's, sticking to the programme - well maybe pushing it a bit - and a bit of luck too.

Chin up fella and I wish you all the best mate, here's hoping you can stay with the sport mate, I'm sure that you'll find a way to do it.
    T
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work