Thread: .22 on an FAC

.22 on an FAC

Hi folks,

I know variations of this question get asked quite often, but I would be grateful for clear thoughts.

My FAC lists slots for a .22 and a .243.

The .22 has no extra specifications (no LR, no rimfire - just says '.22').

I'm curious as to whether this theoretically allows me to get a .22 WMR - or even a .22 Hornet?

Thanks.

What did you ask for when you put your application in ? The general consensus when this question comes up is that the FLD have made a mistake, and when/if you go to your local RFD and try to use this slot questions will be asked and he may well refuse to sell you anything !

In your shoes I would return it to the FLD for amendment, tempting though it is to keep it.

Thanks for that.

It is more or less academic, because I have already got a .22LR with it. But I was wondering about the future...

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttie View Post
    What did you ask for when you put your application in ? The general consensus when this question comes up is that the FLD have made a mistake, and when/if you go to your local RFD and try to use this slot questions will be asked and he may well refuse to sell you anything !

In your shoes I would return it to the FLD for amendment, tempting though it is to keep it.
    sound advice baconbuttie (is that smoked, or unsmoked???) not specified, shop may refuse to sell you either unless specified!! get the point !!!

What did it say in your ammo allowance? "22" or did it specify?

Definitely a mistake as "22" on its own doesn't mean anything (maybe air rifle lol) - in theory the RFD should have refused to sell you anything! - I would return it for an amendment.