Thread: transferring firearms via an RFD?

transferring firearms via an RFD?

Hi folks,

I'm very new to the way things are done in the UK, so would be grateful for advice.

When buying a firearm remotely (ie. over the phone/internet), how do you go about sorting out transport if you can't pick it up yourself?

I often see adverts saying things like 'will transfer to RFD for a fee' etc. How do you go about setting this up?

I ask because I've seen a shotgun I really like on Guntrader, but it's at the other end of the country.

Advice very gratefully received.

Hi Mungo.

It should be fairly painless to be honest, if you buy the gun from an rfd they will have in place a courier who can legally ship your gun.

They are only allowed to ship to another rfd, basically as we have done on many occasion ship it to your nearest gunshop.

We don't charge the guy's for accepting the gun's as they will generally buy there other bit's of us, but I know some shop's do charge a small fee for accepting gun's if they are bought from elsewhere.

Hope this help's .

Mark.
    Galloway Deer Stalking

Every RFD who advertises guns on the internet will have in place arrangements to ship firearms to any other RFD. Just arrange with your local RFD to take receipt of the shotgun you are purchasing and advise the seller who this RFD is. When your firearm arrives your local guy will advise you and you just go along with your SGC and collect. Most RFDs do charge roughly 25 for this service.

A slight variation on the topic, but if I bought a rifle from another FAC holder, would it have to go through an RFD or can you just transfer it from one FAC to the other as you do with shotguns?

Face to face you can transfer it to someone else as long as they have a vacant slot for the calibre/action type

Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Thanks folks.

Is it possible to buy remotely from a private seller? And if so, how do you do it? Presumably, they have to go through an RFD at thier end as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Thanks folks.

Is it possible to buy remotely from a private seller? And if so, how do you do it? Presumably, they have to go through an RFD at thier end as well?
    Hi Mungo.

That is correct your seller would take it to there local rfd for them to ship the gun to your's.

Regard's Mark.
    Galloway Deer Stalking