Thread: Westley Richards sbs B/L Ej 12 Bore for sale:

Westley Richards sbs B/L Ej 12 Bore for sale:

First time selling anything on here so please bear with me!

I have recently decided that l'm got to reload for my .223 & .308, as such l have decided to sell one of my English Side by Sides to fund part of it.

So - i have for sale a Westley Richards Side by Side 12 Bore Box lock, Double trigger ejector, its sleeved, but this work was completed by Westley Richards themselves (Barrels engraved by them). The Barrels are steel and 30" the bores are absolutely pefect / blueing is really good too. The Stock is slightly shorter tha the average - (this i was told was done for the previous long time owner) The stock shortening was professionally done, it measures at 13 1/4 inches. The wood is a really good grade but given the gun like most game guns of its ago (Approx 90 years old) it has its signs of wear. The fore-end has the trademark crafted catch and horn inlaid by Richards. The action is very tight and there are no gaps whatesoever, the finish on the action is worn (again due to age) but still looks every part the traditional game gun.

As for price - i'm looking for 450 ovno Pictures are available but l'd rather email than foul up the ad with half a dozen low res pic's! So please if you are interested email me and l'll reply to any questions/queries.

Obviously l would allow any real interested person to view at an agreed date/place etc. Obviously SG rules apply!

Tom

Tommo,

What is the choking and where are you located?

Now your asking! i'll get back to you on the choking (unless there is a full hardy way of knowing without the use of a choke measure thingy - would it be marked by a symbol in the action/knuckle of the barrels? - looking in a min...

Located in Aylesbury (Bucks) but l travell all around the country in the course of my job - main routes are M1 / M6 / A34 /M4 !

Tommo

They look to be 3/4 and 1/4 but to be honest thats a guess, nothing on the breech/block says anything about the choking. Going to try to borrow a choke gauge asap!

They look to be 3/4 and 1/4 but to be honest thats a guess, nothing on the breech/block says anything about the choking. Going to try to borrow a choke gauge asap!

WOW!

What a response! - apologies to all those that have PM'd me - Gun now Sold!

Thanks for your interest!

Tom